A circular saw is indispensable for the home improvement enthusiast. If you have several rooms in your house with hardwood floors, you must have one of these tools in your toolbox.
It can give you a clean-cut cutout through laminated floorboards and can remove trim without leaving paint or finish behind. It’s capable of cutting concrete, plywood, and even steel.
There are several things to consider when choosing the best circular saw for you. The size of the blade, the power of the motor, the speed settings, the cutting depth, and whether or not you want a laser light are good things to consider.
We’ve got some recommendations for you here. Have a look at the circular saws below and a quick outline of the pros and cons of each.
|DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V Max Circular Saw||Best Overall|
|Diablo D0724X Framing Saw Blade||Budget Pick|
|Milwaukee 2731-20 M18 Fuel 7-1/4" Circular Saw Bare||Upgrade Pick|
1. DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V Max Circular Saw
If you’re in the market for a portable circular saw then you absolutely cannot go wrong with the DEWALT DCS391B. This incredibly lightweight and ergonomic design includes a well-built saw with a two-speed setting. The tool also includes a no-load speed of 5,500 RPM and 6,000 RPM, giving you the ultimate precision for faster cutting.
The unit’s motor offers 400 watts of power, and it’s able to deliver a total of 3,700 Watts peak power. It reaches a torque of 1,400 rpm at peak power. It also has a battery indicator light which turns on when the blade is locked in place.
2. Diablo D0724X Framing Saw Blade
- Strong, high performance steel
- Disc also optimized for wet cutting
- Made by a trusted and reliable brand
- Reasonable price point
- 6-months warranty
- Heavy duty cutting
- Sturdy blade cover
- Not the best blade if you’re working with thinner stock (<1/2”)
- Dulling can be an issue in one or two areas because of the cutting style
What makes Diablo blades so popular? It has to be the awesome performance and durability of the blades.
This blade comes with an optimized multi-material tooth pattern that helps it rid trash and debris quickly, allowing you to spend less time cleaning up and more time working.
The D0724X (for nails) comes with an X-shaped tooth pattern, adding significant strength to the blade and its ability to hold its shape even when cutting thick nails (such as framing nails).
3. SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- This SKIL model is a powerful circular saw that is ideal for bigger jobs involving dense timber and solid materials.
It employs a 15-amp motor that generates a sheer power of 7,000 RPM. This is great for cutting through several knots, nails, pipes, and just about anything else.
The 5280-01 offers very precise cuts with the help of a laser guide and an adjustable shoe that also allows for bevel cuts.
This is made possible by the fence which is constructed from high-impact polymer, which provides the saw with a good sturdiness and ensures consistent and accurate cutting.
4. Milwaukee 2731-20 M18 Fuel 7-1/4" Circular Saw Bare
- Easy to use
- Great power
- Comfortable grip
- Fast to adjust
- Low noise levels
- Good safety features
- High durability
- No assembly required
- Safe trigger switch
- One pass cutting action
The Milwaukee 2731-20 M18 Fuel circular saw offers one pass cutting action with less effort because of its saw-tooth design. It comes with a hammer mechanism and the ability to cut through nails before spinning them to prevent it from flying away. The saw has an anti-kickback design that prevents the blade from unexpectedly retracting while in use.
The torque-limiting clutch is designed to reduce kickback thus minimizes probability of work-related accidents. This saw has a high-quality construction, is lightweight, and built to last. It comes in bare tool form which you need to assemble out of the box before use; there are parts available that require a little maintenance every once in a while.
5. PORTER-CABLE 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- Safe to use thanks to its low kickback feature
- Powerful motor that can cut through even the thickest of wood
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Great for DIYers on a budget
- Not the most precise circular saw
- Not suited for cutting harder materials
- Might be too lightweight for some users
A little more expensive than some of the other circular saws featured here, but the Porter-Cable 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw, Heavy Duty Steel Shoe, 15-Amp (PCE300) is a high-quality circular saw that will be worth the money in the long run. Looking at the list of circular saws available on the market, you might think that it’s hard to find a worthy model, but that’s where this model comes in.
At 25.6 pounds, this circular saw is extremely light and easy to use. It doesn’t feel too cumbersome even after prolonged use. We love the fact that the product comes fully assembled, so you don’t even have to worry about that. On top of that, the product comes with a clear manual, making setup a breeze. The cord of the circular saw is also decent at 18 feet.
6. SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Worm Drive Circular Saw
The saw has the ability to cut through a wide array of materials like metal, plastic, and some wood types. It features a high-performance motor that generates 3,750 RPM, making it ideal for the DIYer who works alone because it allows for cutting through thick sheets of metal.
It also has a 15-amp motor which generates a whopping 5,150 watts of power. This is more than enough to handle most home projects or projects on the work site.
The spindle lock on the saw allows for easier blade changes and showcases a bevel clearance of 0-50 degrees. These features have been noted to make it a great saw for the home handyman who likes to work various projects, both around the yard and home improvements. The lightweight saw comes in at about 12 pounds which makes it very convenient for the average user.
7. WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2" Compact Circular Saw
- Perfect size for tight, cramped workspaces
- Lightweight and super portable
- Great ergonomics with an easy grip
- Supports a variety of miter adjustments
- Safety lock button and blade guard
- Blade gets stuck sometimes
- Difficult to change outa blade
- Takes a while to assemble
This circular saw from WORX is one of the top rated budget-friendly circular saws, and it comes in an impressively compact package. It has a 3-1/8-inch wide blade that can cut through a variety of different materials. It features a pivoting shoe, so you can make adjustments according to the speed of your cut.
The WX429L circular saw has a weight of only 3.6 pounds and is undeniably one of the lightest and most portable circular saws out there. It’s also very easy to store, as it folds down to a mere 1-1/4-inch depth. It’s ideal for workspaces that don’t have extra space for larger or bulkier saws. Further, the circular saw supports a bunch of different miter adjustments, and it features a cord lock and a plastic blade guard.
8. Makita XSR01PT 18V x2 LXT Lithium-Ion
- Powerful motor
- High-end materials
- Provides up to 2,600 SPM
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Comes with a 2 year warranty
- Comes with a battery indicator for convenience and long life
- Comes with a battery indicator for convenience and long life
- The blade can make clean cuts without too much struggle
- Lithium-ion battery is useful for continuous use
- The handle is well-balanced and easy to use
- A bit pricey
- The dust bag catcher is a bit loose, and needs to be adjusted properly to work properly
- Although the handle is well balanced, it does heat up when used for a longer duration
With (2) Batteries, Standard Charger and Tool Bag.
This circular saw is an excellent choice for your home, office, or workshop