Buying a good knife sharpener is very important.
Choosing a wrong type of knife sharpener may cost you much in the way of injuries.
To help you in making your decision, I am going to review 10 of the best electric knife sharpeners currently in the market in early 2022.
|Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Sharpener||Best Overall|
|PriorityChef Knife Sharpener||Budget Pick|
|Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener||Upgrade Pick|
1. Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- Modern design
- Automatic angle and carbide selector dials
- Easy to set up and use
- Achieves precise sharpening angle
- Durable construction
- Sharpening slots for both straight and serrated blades
- Can sharpen Japanese style knives
- Leather strop and stropping compound included
- Multiple compatible angles (-20°, 15°, 20°, 25°)
- Solid warranty
- Not for beginners
The Chef’s choice knife sharpener is well suited for use by both amateur and professional chefs alike. It is designed to sharpen dull and damaged knives with utmost precision. Featuring multiple compatible angles, it ensures that you get the most precise and comfortable cutting edge from each of your knives.
In addition to this, the Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV edgeSelect professional electric knife sharpener comes with multiple sharpening slots for both straight and serrated blades.
2. Electric Diamond Knife Sharpener Tool
- Easy to use and portable
- Good price point
- Easy to clean and store
- Safe and convenient
- Stainless steel, ceramic and hard wood models available
- Built-in light for easier sharpening
- Useless for serrated edges or any other non-knife item
- Many people have complained that it doesn’t do the job well
- Extremely loud
- Some models come with a 6-month guarantee while other come with a lifetime guarantee – check the model you are buying to avoid problems
This is one of the sleeker electric sharpeners to hit the market and for good reason: it gets the job done.
The Shenzhen Knives Sharpener has two steel plates and one ceramic one. The steel plates feature precision grinding wheels and blade guides that give you an excellent edge. The ceramic plate is made specifically for ceramic blades and can put a razor sharp edge on those.
It has a built-in LED light which helps you see the edge of the blade better. That helps you hone it more precisely. Once it’s sharpened, you can stick the blade in the built-in polishing slot. That will give you a polished, smooth edge once you’re done. The entire thing is powered by a durable, powerful motor.
3. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
- Easy to use
- Can be used to sharpen all kinds of blades
- Replaceable sharpening blades
- Can be messy
- Doesn’t work on serrated knives
- Doesn’t work with scissors
- Manual sharpening still needs to be done for every knife
This knife and tool sharpener from Work Sharp is designed to be very simple to use. It uses a combination of sharpening wheels and belts to give you a variety of sharpening options to choose from. Even better is that it can be used to sharpen a wide range of knives. You can use it for kitchen knives, garden tools, hunting/outdoor knives, machetes, and even straight razors.
We love the versatility this offers because most sharpeners have one use only. This one allows you to sharpen a wide range of items. It also has the added bonus of being compact and portable so you can take it with you anywhere you go. And since it is easy to use, anyone can use it, including kids.
Despite being easy to use, this product is not for beginners. It can be messy, and the quality depends a lot on how well you use it.
4. Chef'sChoice 250 Diamond Hone Hybrid Sharpener Combines Electric and Manual Sharpening
- Automatic Knife sharpener
- Manual Knife sharpener
- Diamond and ceramic technology
- Heavy duty construction
- Easy to use and clean
- Can sharpen 20 degrees straight-edge and serrated knives
And Blue Stroking Color-Coded Coarse/Fine Grit Stones for Sharpening Serrated Knives.
The Chef’s Choice 250 Diamond Hone Hybrid Sharpener is another great knife sharpener to include on you listing of top picks. This electric sharpener features a hybrid design that combines manual and electric sharpening.
In addition, it’s also a multi-stage sharpener, which means it sharpens after a coarse, medium, and fine process. It comes with a 100% diamond abrasives with a robust construction. It also features a stroking color-coded for sharper durable sharp edges. The sharpener offers multi-angle precision for straight-edge and serrated knives and is also compatible with slicing and pairing knives.
5. EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener
- Can accommodate all kinds of knives, even big ones like a cleaver
- Incredibly easy to use
- Lessens sharpening time
- Almost effortless sharpening results
- Great value for the price
- Cannot accommodate serrated knives
- Somewhat small and compact (not a problem for most people though)
- Learning curve
This electric sharpener for knives from EdgeKeeper has a sleek design with the company’s name on the front. Unlike other models, it is capable of sharpening all kinds of knives, and not just electric ones. This includes kitchen knives, chef’s knives, butcher’s knives, and cleavers.
The EdgeKeeper has a high-quality construction and design. This enhances its performance and durability. It comes with a plastic suction cup on the bottom so it doesn’t move around while it’s in use. The sharpener includes a 2-stage sharpening system. The first stage is the coarse grinding wheel, and has a diamond coating along with tungsten carbide stones. It is designed for sharpening dull blades.
6. Presto Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- Easy to use
- Portable and lightweight
- Adjustable angle
- Durable, long-lasting motor
- Professional-grade sharpening
- Quick and easy to clean
- Compact design
- No instruction manual
Our top pick electric knife sharpeners is the Presto Professional Electric Knife Sharpener that can be used for both straight edge and serrated type of knives. It has a 3 stage sharpening system that does not require any manual labor. Plus, it has a compact housing and a quiet motor that allows you to seamlessly guide it without making too much commotion.
It features a powerful, long-lasting motor with a 120 volt and 1,200 watts power rate. The entire sharpeners features a 2-weights based design coupled with a flexible pivoting head together with an adjustable sharpening angle. This allows for more versatility while sharpening your knifes. It also allows for sharpening without any strain on your fingers and hands.
7. Presto 0 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- Easy to use and adjustable
- Sturdy build
- Removes both large and shallow nicks
- Quiet operation
- Removes leftover plastic taste from plastic knives
- Can be used on both sides of the blade
- Can efficiently sharpen serrated and non-serrated knives
- Safe to use
- Dishwasher safe, although hand washing is recommended
- Somewhat loud operation
- Some issues of overall durability
- Cutting slot is somewhat small
- Instructions regarding the correct application of the appliance are vague
If you're looking for the best electric knife sharpener, get the Presto EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener. It's a more budget-friendly alternative to the Chef's Choice award winner we reviewed above, and it works just as well. Drastic improvements can be felt very quickly when this is used properly.
The Presto EverSharp serves as an effective, straightforward knife sharpener that can easily sharpen both sides of your knife in a single swipe. It gives you an option to select between five different sharpening options ranging from 7 to 22 degrees.
This easy-to-use appliance can be used effectively for sharpening kitchen knives, pocket knives, sporting knives, scissors, and more.
8. Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener
- High-quality and durable
- Easy to clean
- Safe to use – won’t damage the knife
- A bit pricey compared to other options in the market
- Not transparent
- A little difficult to keep clean
If you’re looking for an electric knife sharpener that’s a real step up from practicing your knife sharpening skills on the steel, this is a good option