There's nothing more beautiful than a modern desk lamp.
The 25 best modern desk lamps are all about slick designs, bold styles and the most important – the best of the best when it comes to looks.
Modern desk lamps are not just for anyone. These zany, futuristic and bizarre lamps are, in fact, for the ones who want to create a modern look and add a hint of freshness to their home or office.
Trust me. You will be pleased.
Without further ado, here are the 25 best modern desk lamps of your dreams.
|TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp||Best Overall|| |
|Newhouse Lighting NHDK-WR-BK Wright Architect LED Desk||Budget Pick|| |
|Koncept ELX-A-C-BLK-FLR Equo LED Floor Lamp||Upgrade Pick|| |
1. TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp
- The lamp has 8 lighting modes
- On / off buttons on both sides. Easily accessible
- Long lasting LED bulb
- Works as a USB charger
- Includes a USB cable
- Easy to move
- Adjustable lamp head
- The body of the lamp is bit bulky
- Little less bright than expected
- Wide base makes it wobbly
- The arms are loose
- Light is not focused and doesn’t spread evenly
While the TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp is not the best desk lamp, it is one of the best with touch control or LED desk lamp. The lamp has 8 different colors of light. These colors are white, yellow, green and blue. The White light has the highest brightness, green has the lowest brightness. The LED light has a 300 mm LED bulb. The lamp has an off to the switch on both sides of the lamp. The brightness of the lamp is adjustable. It also has a dimming feature.
2. TaoTronics TT-DL16 Stylish Metal LED Desk Lamp
- Sleek, ergonomic design
- Available in multiple metal finishes
- Touch-sensitive panel
- Six colors, three brightness levels
- Double-sided LED
- 5V/2A USB port
The TaoTronics TT-DL16 is a sleek illuminated desk lamp with a number of features for added functionality. The lamp has a sleek, low profile design that makes for a more streamlined appearance on any tabletop. You can get the desk lamp in five different colors – silver, gold, red, brown, and black. It also stands out using a patented hollow-double design. TaoTronics claims that the double-sided LED can provide up to twice as much light than conventional lamps.
The TaoTronics TT-DL16 features 3 white LED settings and 2 color modes (warm and cool white). The setting can be adjusted by tapping the lamp or through the remote control. There are also 5 levels of brightness.
All this power is being provided by a AAA battery, which TaoTronics recommends replacing every 30-60 days.
3. Desk Lamp
- Made from durable aluminum
- Several lighting modes to choose from
- Foldable legs make it easy to store
- Flicker-free illumination
- 180°rotatable shade
- Eye-catching design
- Bulb only lasts for about 6,000 hours
- One user reported the charging port wasn’t working
- Some said they received a faulty product
Personally, I’d pick this LED desk lamp over more expensive models because it offers great value for the price. The product features a silver aluminum shade and stand with a flip-open design, ideal for use in small spaces. In addition, the bulb and charging port are on the side of the shade and can be accessed by the user.
The JUKSTG lamp is dimmable up to seven levels, making it ideal for ambient lightning or reading. It also has a convenient USB charging port and a one-hour auto timer function. This is quite useful for people who are always on the go and barely have time to shut their lights off.
4. Lampat LED Desk Lamp
- 4 lighting modes incl. RGB
- The touch panel can dim or brighten all 4 of the light settings individually
- It is customizable with your desired lighting levels
- It automatically adjusts itself based on the time of day
- It has 4 USB charging ports for your smartphones or anything else
- 3 different color changing modes
- It is cool to the touch
- It has a 5v/2a port
- Studies have shown light therapy can improve energy levels
- Withstands a fall from 3 feet
- Folks may need to buy a longer power cord depending on where they intend to use it
- It does lack a USB port
- Some people haven’t had the experience of the touch sensitive panel functions
- At times it does need a manual adjustment so one doesn’t tap too hard
5. Lightblade 1500S by Lumiy
- Bright at 1500 lux
- Captive touch controls for brightness
- Two color settings: cool blue and warm white
- Pivoting head
- 2-year warranty
- Expensive for a desk lamp
- Doesn’t have a dimming feature
- No battery option
The Lumiy Lightblade 1500S Series 2 LED desk lamp is our top pick for the best modern desk lamps for a number of reasons. This LED lamp produces 1500 lux of light, which is comparable to bright natural daylight. It also has two selectable color settings – warm white and cool blue – so you can choose the one that makes you feel more energetic and active.
Lumiy offers this lamp in a wide variety of finish options, three of which are our pick: simple, lacquer brushed brass, and surface mounted satin all metal. The simple finish will go well in almost any room, but can be a bit boring if that’s all you have on your desk.
6. BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp
- Flexible arm
- Excellent lighting quality
- Good color rendering
- Couples with app
- Cannot be plugged in at the base
- Gets hot after 2-3 hours of continuous use
- Some users have reported issues with the arm
If work is your thing, no more staring at a screen all day. Instead, read a book, browse the web, or study with the BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp, which features a unique foldable hinge. And if you want to listen to music, there are headphones hidden in the arm. This lamp is great for designers, architects, engineers, and others who work with computers.
The lamp offers five color temperatures on demand from 2700k to 6500k. This allows the user to choose the right shade for a variety of applications, such as reading books, browsing the web, or working on a project. It is also great for eye health. Users have also reported that the lamp is an effective tool for reducing eye fatigue.
The lamp has an eye-shaped head and an adjustable top arm to offer directional light. Tilting is made simple by twisting the flexible arm.
7. Tomons Swing Arm Desk Lamp
- Very affordable
- Has a tiltable arm for better flexibility
- Beautiful wooden casing blends with any décor
- Easy to assemble
- Can be used both as a desk lamp and bedside lamp
- Can be a great gift for friends and relatives
The Tomons Swing Arm Desk Lamp is a great addition to any home or office space. It has a wooden casing that brings a different element of style to a plain desk or nightstand. The lamp, unlike other Task lamps, has a wooden body with a sleek design. The lamp arm can be fully extended up to 5 inches. The lamp includes a high-quality LED bulb with a brightness of 350 lumens.
The Tomons Swing Arm Desk Lamp is not like your average desk lamp. It has a relatively large body which houses a stylish wooden lamp. It comes with a dual-purpose design and can be used as a task lamp or a bedside lamp. The lamp also features an extendable arm that can be adjusted up to 5 inches. The lamp itself has a length of 11.7 inches and a diameter of 4.7 inches. We also love the wood finish which blends well with most home settings. There are three color variants available for the body of the lamp – white, brown, and black.
8. TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp Fully Rotatable Dimmable
- Colorful, ergonomic design
- Wide lighting zone
- Can be tilted from 0 to 180 degrees
- 4 brightness level and 4 colors
- 30-degree downward light angle
- 1-hour timer option
- Wire-near-plug design
- Doesn’t get too hot to touch
- Easy plug-and-play operation
- Built-in touch button control
The TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp features an eye-catching, colorful, and modern design, and it’s one of the best desk lamps out there to reflect the lightning that fits in with the feel of modern workplaces.
This lamp has an ergonomic, flexible design that allows you to position the light source as you please. You can also slightly adjust its brightness and a number of other features according to your preferences.
You can set a 1-hour timer to turn the lamp on and off automatically for up to seven times a day. Since it has a 30-degree downward light angle, you can pick it up and move it around to adjust the brightness and glare automatically.
9. Newhouse Lighting NHGS-LED-BLK Gooseneck LED Desk Lamp
- Flexible goose-neck design
- Surprisingly bright for the price
- USB Charging capable
- Turns on when minimal light is detected
- 5 different brightness levels
- The flexible goose-neck design is not suitable for outdoor use
- LED lights can break easily, as there are no protective lenses
- Goose-neck is not adjustable or detachable
- Lightweight, but may feel cheap to some users
The Newhouse Lighting NHGS-LED-BLK Gooseneck LED Desk Lamp has a flexible goose-neck design that can be adjusted to any angle to provide maximum illumination to any work surface. It makes for a fantastic task light because of its flexibility and sleek look, and with 5 different brightness levels and a bonus USB charging port, it’s an affordable option for all your illumination needs.
We loved the fact that the cord is plenty long enough for your desk and that it can be used with or without the goose-neck (you can lift the goose-neck off the base completely). This means that it can be used on your desk, but can also be used on a shelf, bedside table, or inside of a cabinet.
10. Flynn Modern Desk Lamp
- Modern and sleek design
- USB port to charge mobile devices
- Phone cradle to hold your phone (especially useful for larger phones with bigger screens)
- Back-lit for optimum reading
- Head adjusts up and down at 90 degrees and side-to-side to 270 degrees
- Foot adjusts up and down at 25 degrees and side-to-side to 30 degrees
- White or black finish
- May not be bright enough for an office setting
- May get too hot
- Phone cradle may not be strong enough to hold your device
- May not be sturdy
A great desk lamp is a must-have for anyone doing office work. The Flynn Modern Desk Lamp has all the attributes you need to get your work done, without taking up too much space or being intrusive. It’s stylish and sleek, made with a durable aluminum base and available in black or silver. The lamp is composed of a base, a foot, and a head, giving you the option to adjust the height and angle for the best lighting.
11. Fugetek 27 LED Desk Office Lamp FT-L798
- Has touch controls
- USB charging port for mobile devices
- Dimmer and 1-Hour auto shut-off timer
- 5 light levels
- Comes with a free adjustable desk stand
- Very bright
- Brightness is not even across all LEDs
- Some parts of the lamp do not shine as bright
- Bulbs burn out quickly
- Do not expect it to be energy efficient
We were looking for the best modern desk lamps for you and came across the Fugetek 27 LED Desk lamp. This desk lamp is quite a lovely lamp which is well designed and designed to perfection.
The desk lamp can be rotated in all direction. It comes with a detachable neck, and it can be adjusted at multiple angles. The Fugetek 27 LED Desk Lamp has five different levels of brightness, and the USB charging port is a real life saver. You can get it to charge your Smartphone and any other electronic devices.
The Fugetek 27 LED Desk Lamp has no filter or fan which means there will be no annoying noise both. In addition, there are five different modes which are like a dimmer, and it shuts off automatically in 1 hour.
12. Phive Dimmable LED Desk Lamp
- Very versatile and flexible
- Perfect for various kinds of occasions
- USB and regular charging options
- 8-level dimmable mode, touch control, and 4 lighting modes
- Hands-free operation
- Eye-care LED
- Aluminum body that feels cool to touch
- Issue with the brightness setting sticking
- Fiddly battery cover
This lamp is a fantastic option for anyone on a budget looking for a handy desk lamp. This lamp from Phive is a flexible one that can be used for a wide range of activities. It can be used for reading, exercising, working, knitting, etc.
The Phive Dimmable LED Desk Lamp features a touch control panel, allowing you to turn it on or off conveniently with the touch of a finger. It also features a dimming control that lets you choose your desired level of brightness between 8 and 100 percent.
The LED bulb is an eye-care type, meaning it produces less exposure to harmful blue light. It’s also bright and covers a wide range of angles, while at the same time it produces a soft, warm white illumination.
13. Ikea 902.142.33 Jansjo LED Work Lamp
- Real energy saver
- Simple, clean design
- Available in a range of color options
- Energy-efficient LED lights
- Easy assembly
- Thin near-seamless arm for less obstruction
- Strong hinge holds up with frequent use
- Long-lasting and energy saving LED bulbs
- 27x3x34.5 inches with details
- 2 pounds
- Small light area that can't be adjusted
- The LED bulbs break easily
The Ikea 902.142.33 Jansjo LED Work Lamp, White is ideal for both office spaces and homes. With its sleek and modern design, the lamp fits the aesthetic in a contemporary home or office. But functionally, it is so much more than just a beautiful décor light source.
The work lamp has a strong, good quality metal arm that includes a good quality three-way hinge at the top. As it is made of metal, the light fixture is sturdy and can withstand a consistent amount of pressure. Though flexible, it's stiff enough to sturdily support a smartphone or a book on its shelf.
14. Saicoo Led Desktop Lamp
- Three lighting modes
- USB charging port
- Adjustable brightness
- Ergonomic design
- Pushing the bottom button for several seconds stops the lamp from working
- Only the middle and top buttons affect the lighting mode
- No button allows for smooth dimming
Bed Room Studying or Any Other Purpose.
The Saicoo is a great lamp and our top pick in terms of current popularity. This is a versatile desk lamp, mostly suitable for reading and working (especially on desktops). You can use it to charge devices thanks to its USB charging port.
Other features include three lighting modes (3000K for a calm color temperature, 6000K for a work-friendly color temperature, and 8000K for a more exciting one) and a special 3-level dimming function. It also features a large panel, a great ergonomic design, a 5-shade arc, and an aluminum casing.
15. Luxe Cordless Eye Friendly LED Desk Lamp
- Durable and sturdy
- Reservoir and USB compatibility
- Extremely bright
- Light comes with a dimmer so you can control brightness
- LED technology lasts up to 60,000 hours
- Dimmer knob can be hard to reach
- Very bright light can be distracting
While it can be a struggle to find the perfect desk lamp for your needs, this puts an end to your search. With its ultra-bright illumination and sleek design, the Luxe Cordless Eye Friendly LED Desk lamp features an ergonomically designed base that allows you to adjust the direction and height of the light source with ease and convenience.
This cordless desk lamp comes with three light modes – normal, eye care, and sunshine –, allowing you to adjust its brightness to various settings. The natural LED light allows for safe, long-term use and is less damaging than traditional light sources. It also features a retractable arm and an adjustable neck so you can always find the ideal level of illumination and comfort.
The Luxe LED Lamp is also equipped with a touch-control function allowing you to easily adjust the light intensity by tapping the top of the bulb. It is made from high-quality aluminum alloy, comes with a rechargeable battery, and is both USB and AC compatible.
16. Koncept ELX-A-C-BLK-FLR Equo LED Floor Lamp
- Provides plenty of brightness
- Features tilt head
- Has a 6-foot power cord
It’s a little rare for us to find an elevated desk lamp on our lists of top products. That’s because in our experience, many of these lamps are more stylish than functional. However, we’ve recently come to realize that there are some really nice pedestal and desk lamps out there that are suitable for use as a desktop lamp.
We were previously blown away by the design of the Equo lamp from Koncept, so of course, we’re dying to check out their other offerings. Before we move on to its features, however, let’s talk a bit about its design.
17. Tomons Wood Adjustable Head Desk Lamp
- Stylish design
- 3-level dimmer
- Two brightness modes
- Perfect for the office, home, and bedroom
- Solid construction
- Eye-catching in any room
- Attractive packaging
- Quick, friendly, and responsive customer service
- Affordable price
- Made from leather and wood
At first glance, you might mistake this desk lamp as a piece of modern art. With its oblong shape and stylish, glossy black finish, it definitely makes a statement. But looks aren’t everything, so we were eager to see if it would perform equally well. And boy did it ever!
These lamps by Tomons are highly adjustable to allow you to position the light at the perfect angle. They have a 3-level dimmer that allows you choose the level of brightness you want.
The light is also spread quite evenly across the room and has two different modes – soft lighting for relaxing evening reading or low-contrast work, and bright reading light made for working on complex projects. It also comes with a handy clamp that can be positioned anywhere on your desk. So you can clip it to your desk or turn it upside down and clamp it to the underside of your desk.
18. Newhouse Lighting NHDK-WR-BK Wright Architect LED Desk
- Adjustable goosenecks and bright LEDs
- Simple design
- Multiple neck and lighting options
- Adjustable clip can be a little awkward
- Heavy base dictates where you can put it
If you want a desk lamp that can do more than just light your way, then you want this one from Newhouse Lighting. Not only does it put out significant light – a maximum of 400 lumens – but it also equally distributes light away from its primary direction, so you can focus on tasks in more than one spot.
It also has multiple settings, allowing you to choose from seven different brightness levels and three color temperatures – warm, neutral, and bright – to find exactly the right level of output for your situation. Included in the package are four natural light color LED bulbs, but you can also use other bulbs in this lamp, like standard incandescents or fluorescent.
19. Brightech – Circle LED Table & Desk Lamp
- Very bright
- Can stand on a flat surface
- Easy to control brightness
- Bright enough to be used as a reading lamp
- Available in multiple colors
- Can be controlled from your smartphone
- The cord can be adjusted
- Quite expensive
- The lamp can’t swivel much which can be a problem if you plan to use it for a reading lamp
This sweet-looking lamp is a bright addition to your desk, nightstand, or office space in general. It’s an elegant looking LED lamp with a classic design that can fit in as a decorative element in a variety of spaces. It’s constructed of aluminum, making it pretty strong and resistant to everyday wear and tear.
This is an adjustable lamp, so you can turn the head to aim the light where you need it. It’s fairly bright, so you can use it to read by during nighttime without straining your eyes much.
This is a 6W LED lamp, which is fairly bright on its own, but the beauty of this lamp is that you can personalize the brightness by tapping the touchscreen base. This lets you adjust the brightness range to suit different tasks.
20. Etekcity Dimmable LED Desk Lamp
- Easy to use
- Plug and play
- Handy USB port for charging phones and other gadgets
- Up to 4,800 K color temperature (very bright)
- 3-level brightness adjustments
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Android
- Several brightness modes
- Flexible light head for even light distribution
- Fantastic customer service
- Adjustable light head for lighting tasks
- Only works when it’s plugged into power
- Requires a lot of light to work on the touch sensor
- Tough to push button through its casing for dimming
- Turns off when computer screen turns off
- Backlight is always on when charging
What’s to love about this lamp: first and foremost, it’s convenient and very easy to use. It simply plugs into the side of your computer or via USB, but its flexible head allows you to project light in various directions. You can swivel it up and down or left and right to fit the task. You can also twist the lamp head to place the light accordingly.
The multi-angles allow for a wide variety of convenient uses. Some may find that the built-in USB port in the base is handy at times as well.
21. Danray Products LLC LMP-24M 24-Inch Snake-Arm Lamp
- Surprisingly affordable
- Good illumination
- Easy to adjust
- Quality construction
- Simplistic design
- The light can be a little too bright
- The base is a bit unstable
- The lamp may slip if your desk is round
While searching for modern desk lamps, you can find tons of choices. These lamps are also very competitively priced. Our top pick is the 24-inch snake-arm lamp with magnetic base and 6-foot cord by Danray Products LLC. It gives you a decent amount of light and has a simple look, which makes it incredibly versatile.
This lamp is made from high-quality steel metal. They come with a black powder-coated finish to ensure that you can use it for many years to come. The light that comes out from this lamp is uniform, so you don’t have to worry about shadows.
There’s also a goose-neck feature, allowing you to bend the light to where you need it the most. The light can be directed to the floor if you need to look at some paperwork sitting on the table. This is particularly useful if you work in a dimly lit environment and need a bit of a boost to help you see.
22. TaoTronics Metal Desk Lamp LED Flexible Arm
- Rechargeable bulbs
- Can rotate to a wide angle
- Has a dimming switch
- Extremely affordable
- Highly rated customer service
- Although adjustable, it can only be pointed down
- The quality of the base isn’t great
If you’re looking for a wide-angle lamp for your desk for not a lot of money, you may want to take a look at the TaoTronics Metal Desk Lamp.
This lamp is UL certified (UL Listed: E794364) and offers LED light. This lamp uses an extremely bright LED light. It’s a 6W lamp with a 55W equivalency. The light focuses 360 degrees and has a 20-degree adjustable socket and flexible neck design.
This TaoTronics desk lamp is ideal for desk work and reading. It has a high lumen to help you focus on your task in hand without eye strain: 1500 lumens. It’s quite a versatile lamp as it can bend, rotate, and lay flat. It has a cool touch design and comes with a touch-controlled dimming switch. You can adjust the light intensity to your preferred level.
23. Desk Lamp,Oak Leaf Aluminum Alloy LED Desk Lamp
- Safe and energy-efficient
- Touch control
- Eye-caring panel design
- 3-level brightness for touch control. Bright to dim.
- 5V/1A USB charging port
- Very lightweight
- Flexible goose neck let you adjust the light direction
- Great price
This desk lamp is so beautiful, very elegant. I use the lamp in my daughter’s room, so convenient that I can plug the USB wire into a power bank. It makes it very easy for the kids to charge their phones overnight. Also it is very easy to dim and brighten the light. The brightness is perfect for what we use the lamp for.
This desk lamp is well made, the plastic doesn’t feel cheap at all, it holds up well even though I have to move the table around the room often. And the legs are covered in some kind of plastic that prevents my cats from sliding on the surface.
24. Newhouse Lighting 5W Designer LED Desk Lamp w/Brightness Dimmer and USB Charging Port
- Sleek design that doesn’t look cheap
- Uses less energy and generates less heat than traditional bulbs
- Easy to adjust
- 5-star rating on Amazon
- May come with defects
- Tends to be too bright to use in bedrooms
Have you ever heard the phrase, the pen is mightier than the sword? Well, the same applies to desk lamps. These little lights may be small, but they can have a big impact. Think of a lamp as a bright idea, or an inspiration to write your next big novel or perhaps your next business plan. A good desk lamp makes you look like a hip writer, and provides enough light for you to read work documents, notes, and slides without straining our eyes.
Our favorite LED desk lamp is the Newhouse Lighting 5W Designer LED Desk Lamp. Aside from desk lighting, many people nowadays use their lamps for niche purposes, such as task lighting, reading, and entertaining guests.
Each desk lamp features a sleek ABS construction that adds a touch of style to your home or office. These are great desk lamps with touch controls for adjusting the brightness to suit your needs. One really cool feature is that these lamps also support USB charging for your smartphone.
25. Verilux Swan Natural Spectrum LED Desk Lamp
- Easy to assemble
- Great color temperature — not too white nor too yellow
- Well-designed base
- Soothing to the eyes
- Good price point
- Near-silent operation
- Doesn’t dim all the way to off
- A bit bulky
Touch Activated Dim Wheel, Whisper Quiet Write-On/Wipe-Off Slate and Touch On/Off Base (Full Spectrum White Finish).
Verilux is a renowned brand, and there’s a reason why. They produce high-quality desk lamps that balance dimmable functionality with a modern design. This particular lamp has a one-touch dimming feature, which allows you to set any brightness level between 75 and 100 percent. You can also set it up to three color settings – cool, dim, and warm. Plus, there are seven different dimming levels you can choose from.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best desk lamp to buy?
I prefer either floor lamps or standing lamps in general. Ideally, a standing lamp should be adjustable in terms of height and should also come with multiple lights (such as a reading light and a lamp for the face and writing area). As for the style, it should concentrate on aesthetics and light distribution as you rarely need much light while writing anyhow.
What is the brightest desk lamp?
In this case, having the brightest LED is not the same as the best. If you need a lamp that offers a moderate amount of illumination and doesn't need to be outrageously bright, then choosing a lamp with a 150-lumen or less won't be a problem.
However, for those who need a brighter desk lamp, you might first want to consider the purpose that the light serves. If the room where the lamp will be used isn't that large, you may be better off with a lamp that is less bright yet still very bright enough for your purpose.
For example, if your bedroom isn't large and you need a lamp to provide adequate illumination for you to read, a 60-watt equivalent is going to be more than enough. You don't need to waste money on one with more power.
Are LED desk lamps any good?
LEDs are eco-friendly; they consume 8090% less energy than traditional bulbs. They have a longer service life, up to 20 years, compared to other lamp types. LEDs don’t get hot, and they have a dimming feature unique to LEDs.
You can even get lamps that have USB ports so you can charge your devices while you work. Some newer bulbs are dimmable and controllable via apps on your smartphone.
The best LED lights, in our opinion, are the ones that don’t look like LEDs, which means you don’t need to hide them under a lampshade. They come in many different colors and styles to fit any home, office, or studio.
How many lumens do I need for a desk lamp?
If you're buying a lamp to improve your sleep, you're likely looking for something that's soft, and easy on the eyes. You don't need a lot of lumens to do this – in fact, too many lumens can actually prevent you from sleeping. The recommended brightness is 50-300 lumens.
If you want a lamp to read by, you'll want to double that number to 100-500 lumens, as the light will be closer to your eyes.
We did our best to provide you with a variety of different styles, ranging from sleek, minimalist designs to quirky, vintage-style lamps. With all this in mind, it’s now up to you to find the lamp that best suits your needs and preferably, your style.
|TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp||Best Overall|| |
|Newhouse Lighting NHDK-WR-BK Wright Architect LED Desk||Budget Pick|| |
|Koncept ELX-A-C-BLK-FLR Equo LED Floor Lamp||Upgrade Pick|| |