If you work for a living, then you likely spend a big chunk of your day sitting at your desk. Sitting is boring, and definitely not very healthy.
After all, most of us sit at work all day long. At home, we’re likely sitting in front of the TV, computer or the Wii all weekend long.
This is perhaps one of the biggest sources of modern-day obesity. Too many people are spending too much of their life sitting. At work, while exercising at the gym, or relaxing in front of the television, people just sit. Because of this, the demand for better chairs has exploded over the past decade.
Essentially, what you currently enjoy sitting on at your desk is probably very low in quality. Chances are, you probably picked up your most recent office chair because you needed something that would be a lot more comfortable than your cheap office chair.
While these low-end office chairs can improve comfort, they’re certainly not the most comfortable chairs out there. They’re also not the healthiest office chairs either. If anything, they’re very dangerous to your back and your overall health.
The reason for this is because most office chair designers focus on making chairs with as many functions and as much stuff as possible.
1. Office Chair Caster Wheels
- Hold up well under heavy use
- Very affordable
- Easily adjustable and stable
- Perfect for wood floors
- Great replacement for uncomfortable desk mats
- Installation only takes seconds
- Easily cleanable
- Made with high-quality ABS plastic
- The fixed wheels are a bit on the smaller side, so you might have to adjust your stance when turning
- A bit tough on the ankles if you have hardwood floors
- Doesn’t take care of all debris
Rollerblade office chairs are the latest rage in the business world. They add some flair to the workplace and allow employees to maintain a comfortable posture that’s free of unnecessary strain. It doesn’t matter if you have issues with your back or are simply looking for a more comfortable office chair … rollerblade office chairs are perfect for all your needs.
This set of 5 caster wheels comes with adjustable height and locks that allow you to set them in place and keep them there. Best of all, this set comes with 5 adaptors that fit most wheels on desks that are considered to be of a standard size, which is most desks. Due to the universal fit of this product, it’s ideal for all office chairs that use caster wheels.
2. OFM Essentials Collection Executive Office Chair
- Comes with seat height adjustment and flexible tilt mechanism
- Sturdy and long-lasting
- Extremely affordable
- Lacks lumbar support
- A massive chair
If you’ve ever been in someone’s home office, odds are you’ve sat in their office chair. Most people overlook this piece of their office furniture because not a lot of people care about what their chair looks like. In terms of function, most people just want a sturdy, convenient, affordable chair that allows them to sit down and get back up. Did you know that there are more than just one type of chair? If you want to look like the most professional and wise businessman on the planet, then the type of chair you have in your office matters.
This is the reason why we’ve created this article, our goal is to help you buy the best office chair. In this article, we’ll cover everything from simple, to more complicated details so that you can find the office chair that suits your tastes.
What to look for when buying an office chair?
3. Furmax Office Desk Leather Gaming
- Simulates racing experience
- Adjustable saddle for easy height adjustment
- Padded armrests and headrest
- Lumbar support
- Adjustable backrest angle
- Sturdy construction
- May not suit persons under the height of 5’8
- Backrest is not adjustable
- Lumbar pillow is not included
4. Office Computer Desk Chair Wheels
- Extra high seat
- Wide seat
- Padded seat
- Adjustable seat height
- Easy assembly
- Ideal fit for office environment
- Cost-effective design
- Flat armrests – painful for long periods of time
- Wide base which might not be ideal for smaller spaces
- No lumbar support
- Arms are made from plastic
The Office Star is a terrific chair for pretty much any office setting. It designed to come with a variety of benefits for your back and lower back areas. While it’s not the most comfortable chair out there, it’s pretty great for its price and the sheer number of features it comes with.
This Office Star chair features an adjustable height from 18.5 to 22.75 – suitable for most adults. It also offers the option to adjust the back. You can either tilt it back or adjust the back angle as desired. This comes with a slightly curved backrest design which ensures that you sit in a comfortable position while you work. It also comes with an adjustable headrest for optimal neck support.
5. AmazonBasics Mesh
- Comfortable mesh seat
- Cost effective
- Non-adjustable, 5-star adjustable base
- Hard plastic arms
- Seat depth adjustment
- Tilt tension and tilt lock
- Bonus headrest pillow
- Heavier than most competitors
- Seat cushion adjustment does not lock in place
- Medium firm seat
- 6.5-year limited warranty
During our research we found a lot of people were looking for the best office desk chairs, so we decided to do some comparisons of our own. This model from AmazonBasics was the winner of those comparisons.
The chair features an attractive mesh seat cushion that’s durable and comfortable. The ball-bearing wheels ensure smooth mobility over hard surfaces. The hard plastic arms have a slight curve, ensuring superior comfort overall.
This chair features a gas spring back that is highly adjustable to suit the needs of almost anyone. The seat depth and tilt adjustments are made easy with a locking knob on the side.
6. Modway Articulate Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair in Black
- Adjustable, up to six years for additional comfort
- Built-in lumbar support
- Eco-friendly recycled plastic
- Ergonomic design
- Mesh material makes it easy to clean
- Armrests are uncomfortable
- Difficult assembly
- Smaller than expected
- Can be hard to clean
Modway Articulate has a reputation for designing the best ergonomic office chairs, and they’ve upped the ante with the Articulate Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair. This chair is built with eco-friendly recycled plastic and a mesh design that’s easy to clean.
What’s special about this particular ergonomic office chair is that it can be adjusted to grow with your body. If you’re shorter, you can simply lower the chair to make it more comfortable. This is just the thing if you’re someone who switches positions or moves around often.
The upholstery is extremely comfortable and comes in a variety of colors, including black, beige, blue, gray, red, and spiced honey. Of course, all of these colors run the risk of showing the dirt, so you may want to consider picking up a cover for it.
7. Office Factor Executive Ergonomic Office Chair Back Mesh Bonded Leather Seat Flip-up Arms Molded Seat
- Liquid error – ImageFont code html errorfont type not detected.
- Approved by the U.S. Department of Labor for lower back pain
- The tension knob in the back could be better. The back angle constantly changes after each use which is not ideal.
- The mesh will not last for a long time. The metal parts in the setup may rust.
This office chair comes with a two-tone executive look – black and white. The attachment point of the rear roller to the frame is a great and simple idea. The chair can be adjusted to suit the person as it comes with a feature to lock the whole back in any position. It also is built to be reclined, thereby offering maximum comfort while sitting for extended periods.
The seat also has a padded look with arms that are made of metal. The seat is not hard plastic or metal; it has a soft and comfortable padded design. The seat can hold up to 55kg.
8. Ergonomic Office Chair Desk Chair Computer Chair
- The ergonomic chair encourages movement and promotes healthy posture
- It comes with adjustable backrest, seat height, and armrests for comfort and support
- You can rotate the chair smoothly on its 360-degree swivel based on your preference and comfort
- The chair features a tilt tension knob for the perfect seat angle
- The seat height ranges from 18 to 21.5 inches to accommodate different people
- The white faux leather of the chair can be easily cleaned and maintained
- The arms of the chair are coated with black fabric, which blends well with the faux leather
- You can adjust your chair based on your height
- The armrests on the chair are not cushioned
- Although the arms can be adjusted, they cannot be detached from the seat
- The armrest is not adjustable
This ergonomic office chair is undoubtedly one of the best office chairs for back pain people. The dual wheel casters make the chair mobile and allow you to move around the office easily. It has a pneumatic seat height adjustment and a tilt tension control. This allows you to access the desired seat height and tilt tension.
9. Office Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair Mesh Computer Chair Lumbar Support Modern Executive Adjustable Stool Rolling Swivel Chair
- Very supportive and comfortable
- Perforated memory foam seat
- Features attractive ergonomic design
- Anti-marking black V groove wheels
- Easy to assemble and fold up
- The seat is a bit narrow, especially if you’re a bit fuller in the rear
- Wheels could be better
If you’re an office worker, you likely spend more time in a chair than in bed. Ideally, an office chair will be adjustable, so you can sit with proper posture. It should also offer lumbar support to prevent back pain.
A good office chair should also be capable of offering support and comfort while sitting for long hours – particularly if you have a desk that is slightly slanted. A high-quality office chair will feature a level seat so you feel stable while sitting.
The Office Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair fits this description perfectly. The office chair features a foamed seat, on which you can even lean against another person. The seat is quite comfortable and offers good support. Plus, it has a five-star ergonomic rating. The backrest is adjustable to ensure you always sit with proper posture. The chair is even easily adjustable, to allow for taller individuals.
10. Smugdesk Mid-Back Ergonomic Office Lumbar Support Mesh Computer Desk Task Chair
- Adjustable height and tilt
- Elevation is easy to adjust
- Chair is comfortable and spacious
- Assembly is already complete and needs no tools
- Comes in multiple color options
- Cushion is easy to clean
- Durable for a long life span
- Doesn’t come with instructions
- Chair doesn’t feel very sturdy at the lowest position
- Wheels squeak
- Wheels don’t roll as smoothly as other chairs
We’re not sure we’ve ever seen an office chair this well-renowned on rating websites. In addition to receiving high praise from thousands of users, the Smugdesk ergonomic lumbar mesh chair has won multiple awards for its exceptional design and comfort.
One thing that stands out when looking at this chair is how easy it is to find the perfect height. You can adjust the seat in three different ways, including seat height, seat depth, and arm height. Within seconds, you’ll be able to find that right position and immediately become more comfortable.
11. Boss Office Products Boss Office Heavy Duty Double Plush Caressoftplus Chair-400 Lbs
- Pneumatic lift for adding extra height to the chair
- Solid steel construction
- High-quality padded upholstery
- Several color options
- 360-degree swivel
Although you’ll never forget the importance of good posture sitting up straight in your office chair, sometimes you need to sit back and relax. The Boss Office Products Heavy Duty Double Plush Caressoftplus Chair can help you achieve optimal comfort while you sit back and relax.
This chair features a pneumatic lift that allows you to adjust the height of the chair. This makes it easy to deal with any height variations. The chair also has a sturdy, steel construction that makes it a durable choice for anyone who wants to purchase. In fact, it holds up up to 400 pounds.
The Boss Office chair also features lifetime limited warranty and a limited five-year warranty. Both of these things should give you a good idea of the confidence the manufacturer has in this product. The chair is also equipped with several comfort elements that make it a better choice compared to some of its competitors. The soft, polyurethane foam upholstered seat along with the chair back ensures that you will remain comfortable while sitting on your chair.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best office chairs?
Determine the features you must have before checking out the various models. Comfort, design, durability, aesthetics and ergonomics should be the five senses to consider when shopping for an office chair.
What are the best office chairs for your back?
Our suggestion would be an executive chair with lumbar support. These are, for the most part, designed ergonomically for maximum comfort. An active ergonomic employee is less likely to have painful back issues over the years.
What constitutes the best office chair for back pain? It needs to be adjustable, and support for the neck, back, and thighs are all important.
Some companies now offer chairs that are designed with massaging options for the upper and lower back or for the neck. This may provide some relief for those experiencing more acute back pain.
The idea is to buy a chair that best matches the needs of your back.
What is the best office chair for long hours?
There are many factors that need to be considered when buying your office chair. Quality, budget, style, back support and most importantly ergonomics are some of the most important. These may include factors such as seat depth, seat width, seat height, back adjustment mechanisms, on board controls and adjustable armrests.
What is the most comfortable office chair?
That depends a lot on you. The most uncomfortable office chair is the one that doesn't fit you or doesn't fit your desk. When shopping for an office chair, consider the following:
Height of the armrests – Do you prefer high or low armrests? Some people prefer to have their hands in the middle of their keyboard while typing – others prefer to have their hands above their heads while typing. Some people prefer low armrests so they can type with their forearms on the desk.
Adjustable seat dimensions – Are your thighs actually long enough to fit on a 17" wide seat? Do you prefer a contoured seat or a flat seat? Can that seat pan be adjusted for more knee room?
Backrest adjustment – Does the backrest adjust far enough backwards to fit your mostly extended elbows? Or do you like to type with your elbows on the armrests?