If you have ever lived in a place with hard water, you know that the very first thing you do after you have moved in is install a water softener. In fact, if you have ever used a water softener, you know all too well about how expensive this seemingly simple contraption is to run. Then, if you really want to get the most bang for your buck out of that bad boy, you also install a water heater that will pre-heat the soft water to give your oh-so-expensive softener a kick start and save yourself another utility bill.
A water heater for those living with hard water, like the ones featured in this guide, can help you save loads of water and money!
1. Stiebel Eltron Tankless Water Heater
- No tank, which increases efficiency
- Excellent customer service
- Easy installation and use
- Auto-flue, which reduces electromagnetic fields
- 95% parts are recyclable
- Prominent water pressure surges are expected if the water heater is at low temperature
- Only available in full units
- Recovery time is slower
The Stiebel Eltron tankless water heater is our top pick for the best tankless water heater for the money. It comes with various perks that help keep the price tag lower than other models.
First and foremost, the Tempra 24 Plus’s main benefit is that it doesn’t require an outside storage tank. Instead, it heats the water on demand, so you don’t have to wait for hot water to reach the desired level or force air into the pipes. Instead, you get instant hot water.
Also, the heater’s compact design fits in virtually any setting. The small footprint also prevents you from having to haul around tanks on the job.
2. Rinnai RU199iN Sensei Super High Efficiency Tankless Water Heater
- Anti-corrosion nickel coating on inner tank
- Can be mounted as a horizontal or vertical water heater
- Fully digital controls and display
- Strong safety features
- Comes with a five-year warranty
- Noisy operation
- Overheats easily
- Expensive replacement parts
Looking for the best tankless water heater for home use? If so then this water heating system from Rinnai is great for anyone in the market. Rinnai has been a leader in water heating solutions for homes since 1924. They primarily manufacture water heaters and boilers for residential and commercial use.
The Rinnai RU199iN is a 99,000 BTU natural gas version of the Rinnai Sensei. It provides 11 GPM of heat output, which is the best in its class. It incorporates the latest technology with its iNEO technology, using an anti-corrosion coating on the inside the enclosure of the unit.
One of the best features of the Rinnai RU199iN is its ability to be mounted vertically or horizontally with just an extra purchase of a mounting kit. This is a plus if you have limited space. The display panel comes with a variety of features that are easy to understand.
3. Rinnai V65eN Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Corrosion-resistant tank
- Easy installation
- Remote electronic ignition
- Full-function thermostat
- Exceeds industry standards
Capacity, Natural Gas.
Rinnai V65eN is a natural gas tankless water heater that has earned our top spot due to its above-average efficiency. The model comes with a corrosion-resistant coating. It also offers a minimum 3.2-gallon flow rate. It has a large coverage area as it can heat water for a load of 2 showers running at the same time. It has a 0.8-gallon per minute flow rate.
The Rinnai V65eN has a nickel plated heat exchanger that provides superior corrosion protection, which ensures its longevity. It also has a built-in electronic ignition system for quick and easy installation. It has a full-function thermostat that allows for user control over the water temperature.
4. Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Tronic 3000 T 7-Gallon
- High-quality and long-lasting
- Lightweight and compact
- Heat sensing technology
- Safe and power efficient
- The best heat exchanger
- One of the best heaters for small bathrooms
An agreement on a definition of a water heater tanklessness is impossible, but we can say with certainty that no such appliances of this type are based on conventional concepts. For example, the original heat exchanger in the Bosch Electric Mini Tank Water Heater is installed on the top and is closed with a plastic lid, which hides a heating element (18 V). The element is in the thermostatic housing, which is located inside. Because of this configuration, the temperature sensor in the housing must be protected from direct sunlight with a metal shield, and the Bosch tankless water heater should only be used on a flat surface.
The compact size of this unit allows the user to install it almost anywhere, from the floor to the wall under the laundry. Moreover, the average power consumption of the device is only around 1.2 kW, which makes it an excellent choice for utility bills.
5. Titan Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Propane powered featuring a 10,500 Btu output
- Maintenance free
- Excellent switching – makes an almost nonexistent water delivery noise
- Can withstand a water pressure range of 50 to 125 PSI
- Three-year gas valve assembly cover warranty
- No CO emissions
- Easy to install with a patented gas valve assembly
- Hard to mount compared to water heaters
- Well-built material is not scratch resistant
There are many hot water heaters available on the market and sometimes it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. We have asked numerous customers to rate their satisfaction with the products they have purchased. Some of the complaints have been about tankless water heaters and that they are difficult and time consuming to install. This is not really an issue for the Titan Electric model. The Titan tankless water heater is a well-built little device and provides customers with quick water for their showers and tubs. Heat exchange takes a fraction of the time that traditional water heaters take, making it a reliable purchase for your money.
6. EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Instantaneous water heater
- Available in different sizes
- Automatic safety thermostat settings
- 5 year warranty
- Water temperature is almost instantaneous
- No installation costs
- Can be a bit noisy
- Not ideal for large families
- Water flow is not reliable
- Installation requires a trained plumber
If you’re looking for the latest technology in tankless water heaters, check out this innovative model from EcoSmart. It features a patent-pending self-modulating technology that prides itself on being effective, and safe for all users. In addition to this, it heats water for your whole home’s needs with less than 1% water waste.
It’s super-efficient and super-fast because it provides instant supply of hot water through a flow rate of up to 4 gallons per minute, with an energy output of up to 27KW at 240V. The temperature can reach up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit thanks to the high-pressure heating performance.
7. Tankless Water Heater Electric ECOTOUCH 9KW 240V on Demand Water Heater Self-Modulating Instant Hot Water Heater Point Of Use Water Heater ECO90 Black
- Fits almost anywhere
- Multi-year warranty
- Fast initial hot water at only 2.8 minutes for a full 9 kW
- Easy installation, and easy-to-use remote control
- Quiet operation and low maintenance
- Allows for faster hot water delivery
- Eliminates lukewarm spots of water
- Automatic self-modulating technology maintains constant water temperature
- Self-heats over time allowing for instant hot water
- 300,000-gallon lifespan
8. EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- An eco-friendly tankless water heater
- No storage tank means faster start-up time and more energy savings
- Product dimensions of 1 x 12.2 x 10.5 inches with warranty coverage of 5 years
- Solid brass parts with corrosion resistance property means durability
- Lightweight, weighing only 25 pounds
- Easy to install
- One-year limited warranty
You don’t really know what a tankless water heater is, do you? Well, it’s a water heater that heats water as it’s needed (hence the term “tankless”). This means that you will never run out of hot water. Sound like a fantasy? It’s not.
Many people consider the ECO-11 from EcoSmart an efficient tankless water heater. It has a maximum of 13 kW and delivers the temperature of water that you require.
This heater is extremely lightweight and compact, so it’s easy to move. In addition, it’s also easy to install.
9. Eemax EEM24013 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Very low-cost heating element
- Up to 3000+ gallons per day
- Energy efficient and no tank needed
- Quiet, efficient, and simple to install
- Six-year warranty
- Quieter than most tankless water heaters
When it comes to searching for the best tankless water heaters, one of the positive features of the Eemax EEM24013 Electric Tankless Water Heater is its energy efficiency and its cost. This water heater is certified by the Energy Star program, ensuring that you’re getting your moneys’ worth of efficiency.
The water heater can heat an average of 1,500 gallons per day or approximately 3.75 gallons per minute. The heater also boasts a 5.5-inch, fully insulated heating element that operates at just over 2,000 watts.
The Eemax EEM24013 operates without a tank, so it doesn’t hold any standing water. This means that you can connect it directly to the cold water line and it will heat the water as it is used. It also means you won’t have to worry about the cold water line creating a frozen mess in the winter or hurting the existing piping.
10. Rheem RTEX-18 18kW 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Extremely energy efficient
- Wide flow rate
- Easy to install
- Very reliable
- Quick to warm up
Rheem RTEX-18 18kW 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater is a valuable option if your homes have the appropriate electrical and plumbing needs. It requires limited installation and is very convenient to maintain. The unit is proven to be cost effective compared to similar water heaters. It can heat water at a rate of up to 100 gallons in just 5 minutes. The range of water temperature is another unique feature, as it can provide warm water between 40 and 130 degrees.
It is an electric water heater which is evaluated by the U.S. Department of Energy for its energy efficiency. It is a unique tankless water heater which has a copper heat exchanger and a stainless steel exhaust system. The heat exchanger is made of stainless steel while the body of the tank is made of plastic. It has a flow rate is 2.75 gpm or 9.5lpm.
Background: As the name describes, a tankless water heater does not use a tank when it heats up the water. It heats the water as it moves through the device. It has the same basic components as a tank-type heater. It has a burner, a heat exchanger, and a vent.
Tankless water heaters are not new to the market and had been on the market for over 5 decades. Over these years, many models have emerged with more advanced features and energy efficiency.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters: Compared to tank-type water heaters, tankless water heaters are more appealing for many households. They are more energy efficient, compact, and have adjustable heating capacity.