Most people spend about 10% of their time in their bathroom — more if they have kids. That’s a lot of time!
And, frankly, most toilets are junk.
Don’t give your hard earned money to a company that 1. Is trying to save a few bucks on the manufacturing process or 2. Doesn’t care about having a reputation for solid products.
Click here to see the 10 best toilets as recommended by both professionals and a middle-of-the-road customer based rating system.
1. Toto MS604114CEFG#01 UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF Universal Height Toilet
- Moderately priced one-piece toilet
- Very easy to install and clean
- Dual-flush technology for optimal sanitation
2. WOODBRIDGE T-0019 Cotton White toilet
- Dual flushing system
- Superior flushing
- Durable construction
- Adjustable flushing options
- Manufacturer offers great customer service
System, Ceramic Water Saving Toilet Bowl, Cleaning Hole, E-water inlet Valve, Seal Water inlet Valve, 3 Way White Toilet Seat and Cover, (Black Wax, Stem, O Valve, Gasket, Flange, Latex, E-valve also available).
If you’re looking for a great toilet for your home, the best toilet reviews have singled out the Modern T-0019 from Woodbridge as the best toilet.
The Woodbridge T-0019 is made from a durable one-piece ceramic bowl and is designed to last for more than ten years. It features a dual flushing system with a big 0.9 gallon flush and a small 0.3 gallon flush for liquid waste. When you use the small flush, you’ll save about 25% water and cut your water bill.
3. TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet
- High-quality product with good reviews
- Flush capacity is superior compared to normal toilets
- Solid, sturdy construction
- Toto toilets are known for their durability and reliability
- Available in different colors
- Double Cyclone flushing system is great for dealing with hard solid waste
- Automatic air deodorizer to neutralize odors in just 15 seconds
- Higher-than-average price point
- Taller users might find it uncomfortable
- Heavy and difficult to move. Requires two people for installation
Toto toilets definitely have a strong reputation in the residential toilet market and are considered the best in terms of quality, performance, and durability. The brawny, ultra-efficient flushing system of the Toto Drake Cyclone toilet presents a formidable option for anyone wishing to purchase the best toilet for their home.
With the Toto Drake Cyclone 2-Piece Toilet, you get what you pay for. This heavy-duty unit requires only 1.6 gallons of water per flush, and features an EverClean surface to prevent stains, odors, and other typical problems of plastic toilets. It also comes with a Double Cyclone flushing system to deal with even the most stubborn chronic clogs. Plain and simple, the Toto Drake Cyclone does away with the need for multiple flushes.
4. Kohler K-5401-PA-0 Veil Comfort Height Skirted One-Piece Elongated Dual-Flush Intelligent toilet
- Elegant design
- Sleek and sanitary toilet seat
- Standard height for easier toilet use
- Features an elongated dual flush
- WaterSense certified for efficiency
- Intelligent with soft closing seat and lid, air dryer, and heated seat
- ADA compliant
- Guaranteed for life
The Kohler K-5401-PA-0 Veil comfort height one-piece toilet has a sleek and sanitary design. It features a skirted design that has a 12-1/4-inch rough-in for easy installation. What’s great about this toilet is that it’s easy to use, elegant, and economical to maintain.
The toilet comes in a powder white color and has a white plastic toilet seat. That toilet seat is made of vitreous china and features a soft close seat and lid, with an air dryer, and an elongated closed front design.
The bowl is equipped with a water saving mechanism to help reduce flushing and water consumption. In addition, this model came with a water sense certification which means that it is not only economical, but also eco-friendly.
5. 20 inch Extra Tall Toilet. Convenient Height bowl taller than ADA Comfort Height. Dual flush
Made in: USA
Before you commit to purchasing a toilet, it’s important that you check whether it will fit in your bathroom. This can be tricky because some toilets may have a smaller surface, a larger surface or an entirely different space requirement.
You may also want to consider your budget when looking for a new toilet. The price range for toilets varies. There are some low-priced products, but there are also some high-priced items; of course you should always choose quality products over low-priced but low-quality alternatives.
6. Nature's Head Self Contained Composting Toilet
- No water and electricity required
- Compact and easy to store away
- Durable construction
- Higher-than-average price point
- May need a pallet jack or hand truck to move
If you’re looking for the best composting toilet for your home, you should consider considering the Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet. This toilet is designed to function without any plumbing, electricity, or water.
Unlike a regular flush toilet, the Nature’s Head features a self-contained compost system in which the human waste is broken down into compost material. This compost material can be used as fertilizer for the yard. The toilet also includes its own bucket for catching the overflow.
The Spider Handle design is one of the most innovative features that come with this toilet. This mechanism allows you to open and shut the lid during use. This prevents it from accidentally being knocked open while in use. It also makes it easier to open the lid, which is important considering some models of composting toilets require that you lift the entire thing up.
7. Fluidmaster 7530P8 Universal Better Than Wax Toilet Seal
- Comes in packs of 3
- Ideal for easy installation in various types of toilet seats
- Waterproof wax-free design
- Can be used in 1.6 or 1.28 gpf toilets
- Encourages water conservation (up to 8x savings on water and 2x on energy bills)
- 12-inch size
While there are various types of toilet seat seal that are available nowadays, we’ve narrowed down the selection to this toilet seat seal that has received remarkable ratings.
The Fluidiump M7530P8 Universal Better Than Wax toilet seat gaskets are designed to fit most of the standard openings that are found in most toilets. It comes in packs of three for a convenient and easy installation. It features a non-perforated design to prevent leakages that make it one of the most effective toilet gaskets that you can use.
8. American Standard 2887218.020 H2Option Dual Flush Elongated 0.92/1.28 gpf Toilet
- 4.4-star rating on Amazon
- Uses only 1.28 gallons (4.7 liters) per flush
- Uses force-fit system
- Holds up to 1,100 pounds
- Easy to clean
- 5-year limited warranty
- Includes top tank lever, flapper, wax ring, and bolts
- The bowl can start to break after some time and become softer
- The price is a bit high compared to the competition
- Not environmentally friendly
The American Standard is an efficient toilet you can buy with the dual-flush system. It comes with a special system that makes the toilet work when it needs to. This toilet only needs to be flushed once. There’s a reason it’s a best seller among Amazon customers.
The American Standard is a high-capacity toilet that uses only 1.28 gallons per flush. It’s an elongated standard-sized toilet with a tank that’s made of vitreous china.
It comes with the 5-year limited warranty. The company will repair or replace the product if there are any problems. This is one of the few toilets that will last you a long time. The price is a bit high, but the new dual-flush system is worth the money.
9. HOROW HWMT-8733 Small Toilet 25" Long x 13.4" Wide x 28.4" High One Piece Short Compact Bathroom Tiny Mini Commode Water Closet Dual Flush Concealed Trapway
- Available in small and tall versions
- Very compact storage
- Includes a warranty
- Water tank is detachable
- Toilet bowl has a spacious interior
- Plastic seat
- Flush lever can be hindered by the toilet paper roll
If you’re downsizing your bathroom, try setting up a mini toilet tank like this one from Hormow. It’s the perfect size to fit in a small bathroom – or even fit just about anywhere in your home. The tank calls for a standard toilet seat, and the bowl itself is a generous size with an interior width of 13’. With a height of 28’ and a length of 25’, this Hormow toilet boasts a stylish design that goes with any space.
This commode toilet features a compact design and is very lightweight. It’s an ideal choice for tiny bathrooms – or for stocking up on spare toilet seats. It’s also a solid toilet that – not only for adults, but for kids too – due to its design and construction.
10. Kohler K-3979-RA-0 Highline Comfort Height 1.6 gpf Toilet Right-Hand Trip Lever
- Great flush and cleanliness
- Easy, comfortable height
- Easy to install
- Sleek and elegant design
- Tanks can hold varying amounts of water
- Extra water-saving feature
- No buttons or confusing levers
- Quiet operation
- More expensive than other models
- Not ideal for large families
- Softness of seat isn’t very durable
The best toilets on the market are from Kohler, hands down. The brand boasts numerous high-quality models, but our top pick comes from their Ultra series – the Kohler K-3979-RA-0 Highline. This is an exceptional entry-level option with a fantastic design and solid performance.
This particular model comes with a one-piece tank design, meaning that it has a low profile that doesn’t take up too much space in your bathroom. It also comes with a rapid-flush system that delivers a powerful flush of water at the push of a button. This adds up to a total flush volume of 1.6 gallons.
11. American Standard 288DA114.020 Toilet
- Easy cleaning
- Durable and long-lasting
- Integrated bidet spray attachment
- Saves space
- Water usage is moderate
- Some might find it too small
Are you on a lookout for the best toilet to install in your bathroom? If so, this is an excellent option to consider. The American Standard 288DA114.020 toilet is an exceptional toilet in its segment and comes at a moderate price point. This toilet is designed for everyday use and comes with the following features:
- A 2.875-gallon flush
- Slow-closing seat
- One-piece construction
- 5-year limited warranty
- WaterSense certification
- Comfort-height and elongated bowl
- Auto flush with 0.9 gallons per flush
- Wood accents
While this toilet is not perfect (as all products aren’t), it has its set of pros and cons. Slow-closing seats are generally the best kind of seats you can opt for. They help to save energy and add to the luxury of your bathroom.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best toilets on the market?
The best toilets blend a variety of factors to ensure a purchase that is well-rounded.
The best toilets have the right features to match your needs and lifestyle, while also checking off all the major features and reviews that make a toilet perfect.
In this section, I outline these important features and then re-visit my top picks.
I have taken into account the different factors such as shape, height, and color. It is important to make sure that you select the best product for your personal needs.
The best toilets are affordable, long-lasting, and are sure to make any toilet experience a much more enjoyable event.
For some, a top-of-the-line toilet is not essential. However, for others, especially with cleaner freaks or a lot of guests coming over, finding an incredible toilet quickly is essential.
What toilets do plumbers recommend?
Thanks for this question, plumbers often recommend the TOTO Drake II but a close second is the American Standard H2Option Siphonic Dual Flush Elongated.
Next you need to ask yourself how many people are in your household, if you have one TOTO Drake II should be enough or you can use the dual flush aspect to do heavy duty work in the morning and simple jobs at night.
What is the most powerful flushing toilet?
Water consumption is one of the most important factors in a flush toilet. You would want to purchase a toilet that was designed with maximum efficiency in mind.
That means it would have a water-efficient flushing system combined with a siphon jet, which uses gravity to help water return to the bowl.
Some of the toilets that fit this description are from Toto, Niagara Stealth, American Standard Cadet 3, and Kohler Sana.
Look for the dual-flush system as well, which allows people who would not use the full flush to use a half flush instead.
Parents of children who suffer from bedwetting can be understandably a little stressed and worried. In their worst moments they may feel like their own lives have been hijacked by the disease. And to make things worse family vacations spent in hotels are the absolute worst. It can seem like a true nightmare!