Lego Architecture is an award winning series of sets filled with hundreds of colorful bricks. These mini-buildings are awesome for kids and adults alike. While they’re meant to be played with, they provide hours of enjoyment for people of all ages.
If you want to build a city skyline, a famous architecture building, or even a whole sculpture, you’re in luck! Lego has a massive library of sets that are sure to please any architecture fan. You can even build famous structures like New York’s Rockefeller Center or the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.
Whether you like modern construction or ancient buildings, these Lego sets will appeal to aging kids who still love playing with Legos and adults who are fascinated by the possibilities of architecture. The “20 Coolest Lego Architecture Sets for 2019” includes the latest and greatest City Sets, as well as, the famous and iconic Architecture Sets.
|LEGO Architecture Arc De Triomphe 21036 Building Kit||Best Overall|
|LEGO Architecture London Skyline Collection 21034 Building Set Model Kit and Gift||Budget Pick|
|LEGO Architecture Studio 21050 Building Blocks Set||Upgrade Pick|
1. LEGO Architecture Arc De Triomphe 21036 Building Kit
- Excellent replica of the iconic architecture
- Great addition to any LEGO collection
- Sturdy and easy to build
- Looks and feels high quality
- Includes a wide variety of colors
- Provides a beautiful backdrop to your next family picture
- Great to show-off to friends
- Aesthetically limited – studs in spaces
- Stickers not included, but mandatory
Lego building kits are perfect specimens of minimalist art. They come with plenty of pieces that fit each other in innovative ways. Kids and adults alike can enjoy many hours of fun while playing with these sets. This kit contains 336 pieces along with clear step-by-step instructions for you to enjoy building an impressive replica of the iconic Arc de Triomphe.
The set consists of many colorful pieces that look and feel great. They come in a very well-organized box with individual compartments that have labels on them to guide you through the building process.
The Lego Architecture Arc de Triomphe set is a highly detailed miniature version of the original building, so construction takes a while. However, the instructions and diagrams are very clear, and it’s a good feeling to see your building come into fruition as you follow through with the building instructions.
2. LEGO Architecture 21024 Louvre Building Kit
- Easy to assemble
- Features some nice details and bright colors
- Makes for a perfect display model
- Small enough to fit in a large bookshelf display
- Includes handbook with information on Louvre Museum history
- Recreated in micro scale
- Architectural LEGO
- Box is quite large
Reviews of the LEGO Architecture Louvre Building Kit say that the model captures an accurate depiction of the iconic Parisian landmark. It has detailed features on the facade, and has a few other impressive interior details. This one is a must-have for LEGO fans, architects, and Louvre aficionados.
The model is made to a scale of 1:210 and recreates a little over 200 famous sculptures inside the famous building. And the creators managed to summarize the entire Louvre Museum experience in this kit.
It is made of 2116 LEGO bricks, which are pretty decent in quality. It also comes with an information booklet about Louvre history that you can use if you want to go more in-depth about the museum and its artifacts.
3. LEGO Architecture: Villa Savoye 21014
- Highly accurate
- Piece-by-piece construction for accuracy
- Unique piece design for the roof
- Interlocking design makes it more stable
- Includes a booklet with background details about the building
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Complicated and difficult to build
- Can be a little overpriced for some
- Base plate is not printed
- Comes with only one minifigure
This LEGO Architecture set is the first one that will become a part of your LEGO collection, if you want a start. With this set, you don’t have to worry about the building set getting unbalance because each of the pieces provide stability to the structure. You also don’t have to worry about the pieces getting stuck to each other because of the interlocking nature of its design.
This is a highly accurate reproduction of the Villa Savoye design. It is built with the same materials and design as the original as they were informed by the Savoye foundation. The building set is made out of nearly 500 individual pieces including the base plate and figure.
4. LEGO Architecture Burj Khalifa 21031 Landmark Building Set
We loved the Lego Architecture Burj Khalifa set because of the amazing building it comes with and the fact that it comes with a surprising number of pieces. However, we’d be remiss not to mention that it’s not necessarily one of the most fun sets to play with. Even with that in mind, the Lego Architecture set is still worth owning because it’s a great learning tool and a great tool for using your imagination!
The Burj Khalifa is a very impressive landmark with a unique architectural style. Very few landmarks can be actually built at home with Lego pieces, but Lego is able to give people a tiny glimpse into what that would be like with a product like this set.
5. LEGO Architecture 21030 United States Capitol Building Kit
- It comes with the requisite 221-piece Architectural Style set and seven limited-edition molding elements
- The 3-in-1 package of variants allow you to transform the structure into the U.S. Capitol Building, the World Trade Center Tower, or the Sydney Opera House
- The book AIA Guide to the Architecture of Washington, DC is sure to spark your interest in the U.S. Capitol Building
- Display the model on the included baseplate
- Lights up for maximum realism
- Difficulty level: 4-6
6. LEGO Architecture Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum 21035 Building Kit
- Very detailed
- Measures 12 inches high and 16 inches wide
- Includes over 2,000 LEGO pieces
- Very cool display piece
- Since it’s so small, it’s hard to buy additional buildings from the Architecture line that go with this one
- It’s not made to be a replica of the actual building
Lego is one of the most recognized brands in the world of toys. Their Architecture sets prove that they can design toys that appeal to adults as well as children. These sets allow for an immersive, tactile, and hands-on experience with architecture.
The Lego Architecture Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum 21035 Building Kit is a reproduction of Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic design which opened in 1959. It’s a mid-rise building that measures 12 inches high and 16 inches wide. It includes about 2,000 pieces and has 4 different display options. This set is a remarkable display piece.
If you have a child who has been showing an interest in architecture or design, this set will appeal to them even more. The model comes with a booklet that’s filled with information about the actual building and provides historical information about its architects Herbert Bayer and Mies van der Rohe.
7. LEGO Architecture Trevi Fountain 21020 Building Toy
- Great for both kids and adults
- Suitable to build over and over again
- Educational and fun to play with
- Perfect for amazing LEGO collections
- Instructions are tedious to follow
- Not very durable
This is a LEGO architecture set that builds the famous Trevi Fountain, making it a must-have for your wonderful LEGO collection. It consists of 488 pieces and is 3.9 by 7.9 by 9.8 inches in dimension.
The LEGO Architecture Trevi Fountain 21020 Building Toy Set is a 410-step building set which contains the best architecture designs. Not only is it fun but also it is educational. It is easy to follow the instructions as they remind you of how you can build it, making it perfect for kids, adults and even for beginner builders.
Also, each LEGO set is designed to perfection because the company has architects who ensure that each set is accurate and outstanding. With this set, you will be situated somewhere in Rome with the fountain. What is more, it serves as a great display piece for your collections.
8. LEGO Architecture Studio 21050 Building Blocks Set
- Mature theme(The Statue of Liberty)
- Complements other architecture sets
- High-quality design
- Expressive figures
This LEGO Architecture Studio 21050 Building Blocks set contains the molds and pieces needed to build 2 different models, the Statue of Liberty, and the Eiffel Tower. The models stretch up to 4 inches high and each of them comes with both a male and female figurehead.
The Statue of Liberty is the main model and as the iconic symbol of freedom. The figure is constructed with a predominantly red composition with some gray and white areas. The base is divided into 9 different pieces that make it easy to add to other LEGO models.
9. LEGO Architecture 21019 The Eiffel Tower
- * Easy to assemble
For the ultimate in LEGO set representation, the LEGO Architecture 21019 The Eiffel Tower is a must-have! This 500-piece set will take about three to four hours to assemble, which is a reasonable amount of time to marvel over this iconic landmark. This model is also of high quality and is built to last, so you can enjoy this piece of art for years to come.
If you've thought about creating a model of the Eiffel Tower in LEGO form, this is the set to buy. The LEGO pieces used in the model are very high quality, and are made to last for a long time. Assembly is also straightforward and accurate, so it goes together very quickly.
The LEGO Architecture 21019 (LEGO version number 3252) measures about 18 inches tall (from bottom to top point) x 21 inches wide x 9 inches deep. There are some drawbacks that we should mention. First of all, you get no space to place the completed model when it's all together. This is a problem for some because you can't display it on your shelf.
10. LEGO Architecture Venice 21026 Skyline Building Set
- Designed as a replica of the Bell Towers of Venice
- 3D model on the bottom with five sections for easy stacking
- Contains two bridges
- Includes a booklet with information about the real towers
- The working wheels are not particularly strong
- The set is too expensive compared with other LEGO sets
LEGO architecture sets are aimed to inspire those who are interested in design with models of some of the most famous structures in the world. For those of you who have seen the movie La La Land (which is all about the life of an aspiring actress in Los Angeles), you must have noticed how much Mia loves violins. So, we consider this LEGO set a perfect gift for her!
The set consists of around 1700 pieces which is why it can be a great addition to her LEGO collection. The set mainly consists of various pastel colors and bits and pieces from which you can build a beautiful 3D model of the Bell Towers of Venice. The tower is 260 mm (10 inches) high and 384 mm (15 inches) wide.
The main model of the tower is completed once you assemble the bridge. The bridge is comprised of the base, arches, and a road. Both the road and the bridge are built on the three wheels which make it easy for you to move them from one place to another.
11. LEGO Architecture 6101026 Flatiron Building 21023 Building Kit
- Iconic building
- Large number of LEGO bricks with great variety of colors
- Excellent details, carefully etched windows
- Contains real-world information
- Packaging is very durable
- Clear instructions, easy to follow
- Great building experience for all ages
- Makes a great gift
- Instructions are complicated for some users
- Some pieces were of questionable quality
- Makes a great gift; however, it’s a little pricey
The LEGO Architecture Flatiron Building Kit is a highly rated set that gets high reviews for capturing the iconic look of the building and among the LEGO Architecture fans. According to its description, this set is a faithful reproduction of the original Flatiron Building. Some of the key features include a detailed façade and interior space, large entrance and reception area, observatory, models of the people who built the building, life-size printing press, and more.
The large building has 2,996 pieces and is designed for ages 16 years and older. The Flatiron building is a product of the collaboration between the LEGO Group, Architeam, and Steve Schewe who is an author, journalist, and historian.
12. LEGO Architecture London Skyline Collection 21034 Building Set Model Kit and Gift
- Detailed architecture models
- Features three iconic London structures
- Ideal for beginner and experienced builders alike
- Pieces won’t fall off
- Build comes with a booklet containing facts about the buildings
- Helps improve your coordination and hand-eye coordination
- Includes batteries for power drill
- Takes about 12+ hours to build
This awesome LEGO Architecture set from the London Skyline Collection features detailed models of three iconic London towers: Lloyd’s Building, The Gherkin, and 30 St Mary Axe (The Gherkin). Kids and adults alike will enjoy building these structures because not only do they feature a lovely design, but they also serve as a sort of historical timeline.
The build consists of multiple steps and a motorized elevator, so younger kids should definitely hand it over to an adult. However, teens and adults can have a great time building these beautiful structures. The models are designed in such a way that they can actually be displayed as works of art.
13. LEGO Architecture Berlin 21027 Skyline Building Set
- Solid construction, easy to put together
- Really beautiful model
- Clear directions
- Easy to display
- Encourages creativity and imaginative play
- Built to last for kids and adults alike
We’re always on the lookout for new and innovative products, particularly when it comes to toys. Check out our review on the 25 best Lego Architecture sets.
This model is inspired by the architect Erich Mendelsohn's work of the 1920s/30s. It comes with plenty of straight pieces for creating the glassy building and curved elements that create the characteristic sculptural shapes of the roof.
It’s one of the smaller models in the Lego Architecture series, which is nice, as it’s easier for kids to build. It also features a historical guide so you can find out more about the Berlin skyline that was such an inspiration for architects in the 20th century.
14. LEGO Architecture Chicago 21033 Skyline Building Blocks Set
- High-quality display stand
- Very good packaging
- Easy installation
- Exceptional design
- Strong and durable
- Sturdy enough to hold heavier pieces
- Great for both kids and adults
- Made with the finest plastic
- Great for people who are obsessed with architecture
- Not too expensive; affordable for most
- Some of the pieces are pretty small
- Some of the pieces could be better
- Some pieces don’t fit well
- Some of the colors are same and could be picked better
This is the coolest LEGO set on the list because of its ability to transform your room into a piece of art quickly. It has lots of positive reviews from online buyers and falls under the list of 20 best model homes in the world. It comes in an extremely compact piece, very easy to install, and is extremely durable. It’s suitable for both kids and adults. It really depicts the Chicago skyline very well and could be also used as an exhibition piece. The model is strong and also very stable. It no doubt incorporates most of the essential features of a skyline.
15. LEGO Creator Expert 10234 Sydney Opera House
- High quality construction
- Detailed onto various aspects of the original model
- Connector pieces are compatible with other models
- Includes Minifigures of an architect and his family
- It’s a cool STEM gift for kids
One of the coolest models ever, in our opinion, is the LEGO Creator Sydney Opera House. This is one of the brightest and most stunning pieces in the entire Creator series.
This incredible showpiece is comprised of 4,295 pieces and includes multiple functionalities. The entire structure is built on a sturdy base which also houses the motor.
This motorized LEGO model completes the opening and closing features of the doors. There is also a cycling light mechanism to illuminate the glass sections on the floors.
16. LEGO Architecture White House
- Features 3,881 pieces
- Excellent for beginners
- Includes a book that contains lots of information about the US President’s home
- Good for display
- Can be used to play with and recreate historical events
- Promotes critical thinking skills
- Introduces children to concepts of architecture
- High quality bricks
- Available in two colors
LEGO is a classic item that kids have been playing with for years and will continue to do so for years to come. When it comes to LEGO there is no denying it, the US President’s home, the White House, is one of the most iconic buildings in the world. When it comes to architectural LEGO sets, there are hardly any choices as iconic as this one.
Not only is this set just super cool to own, there’s also a bit of educational value. With this set kids learn how to build the White House according to its real-life layout. This set also includes a book that highlights different facts about the White House so that kids can have fun while learning a few things in the process.
When it comes to bang for the buck, there are few LEGO sets as good as this one.
17. LEGO Architecture 21015: The Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Excellent presentation of authentic historical details
- Includes 592 pieces
- Outstanding design in terms of both recreation and playability
- Quite accurate in terms of reproduction
- Great for both children and adults
- Comes with a small booklet describing the history of the building
- Good customer support
- Good pricing
- Customers have reported parts missing or damaged
- Some customers have reported the product arriving with a bad smell, which goes away after some time
The LEGO Architecture 21015: The Leaning Tower is a top-notch set with a fantastic design and playability. What’s even better is that it's also a perfect replica of the actual Leaning Tower of Pisa. It features 592 elements and has a nice heavy feel to it. The set comes with a small booklet with information on the history of the building. What’s more is that the set also includes a small booklet with a brief description of the building’s history.
Overall, this set is an excellent way to learn about buildings from different ages and how they evolved to what they are today. It's also great for kids to play with.
18. LEGO Creator Expert 10253 Big Ben Building Kit
- Detailed look and design of the iconic landmark
- Features iconic Big Ben bell
- Inclusion of the white and green clock face
- Additional LEGO figure included for photography purposes
- Provides a fantastic endless-play creative experience
- Instructions are lacking in some areas
- Some bags may have missing parts
- Watch out for loose pieces in the packaging
The LEGO Creator Expert 10253 Big Ben building kit is an expert-level set that features the iconic landmark as it appears today in London built roughly 1/40th in scale. The build consists of over 3,000 pieces and offers a not only an exceptional building experience, but a display experience with the included window elements and other features such as the chimes and the famous Great Bell.
This set also includes an additional free-standing LEGO Big Ben minifigure display, which provides a photo opportunity for the landmark. The minifigure is a reproduction of Big Ben’s famous “Still Going” four-minute bell chimes, recreating the famous display every 15 minutes.
This set also includes a booklet about Big Ben, which provides information on the famous landmark that is being featured in this set.
19. LEGO Architecture 21022 Lincoln Memorial Model Kit
- 100% LEGO compatible
- High-quality detailed model
- Fully-realized design
- Challenging project for all ages
- Educational value
- A strong sense of nostalgia for some fans
- Expensive shipping costs
- Set requires assembly
The LEGO Architecture 21022 Lincoln Memorial is the most advanced architecture model the company has created to date, and it’s bound to impress any architecture lover — and LEGO fans, to boot. This gorgeous replica of the Lincoln Memorial, while expensive, is more than worth it for avid LEGO nerds.
The brick-based model was designed by Fraser Williamson, and it requires 1,186 pieces to build. It’s easily among the largest LEGO kits out there. The model comes in the iconic white, beige, and gray palette that’s central to the original Lincoln Memorial design. Drawings by Bruce Brooks Pfeiffer help guide a builder as they put together the pieces.
20. LEGO Architecture Seattle Space Needle
- Affordable option for people who already have the architecture building sets
- Comes with an informative booklet
- Superior packaging compared to other architecture sets
- Interior details of the Space Needle are done quite well
- Designers of the set incorporated the interior of the historic landmark into the overall design
- Interesting use of a black-colored figure inside the Space Needle
- Makes for a great office decoration
- Sturdy design
- Fits together well
- Space Needle seems shorter and smaller due to the interior detailing
- Don’t get tricked into buying a copy from China
- Representation of the Space Needle’s globe is misleading
- Parts are smaller than the architecture box sets from other companies
This is a must-have in every LEGO fan’s collection, including the fan of LEGO architecture. It’ll give you a whole new appreciation for how LEGO building sets capture the unique design details of the buildings and structures they are based on.
21. LEGO Tower Bridge 10214
- Fully customizable
- Includes a Tower Bridge segment and its surrounding environment
- Excellent display piece
- Includes 2,304 pieces
- Well-priced for superior quality
- Fun and educational for kids
- Assembly takes skill and time ‗ not for inexperienced DIY-ers
- Key bit (a part which connects the bridge to the main tower) was reported missing by a few users
The Tower Bridge 10214 is an architectural model of the Tower Bridge in London, one of the most iconic structures in the country. It features an eye-catching design – the box is made of thick cardboard (the same material as a LEGO box), and the model will be a head-turner once you put it together.
The instructions are really easy to follow. They are clear and provide a gradual build-up of difficulty. The Tower Bridge comes in two separate models, one the bridge segment and the other the ground segment. The two segments are easily detachable and can be connected with one another. Before you get started, you will need to make sure you have all the pieces you need and nothing is missing.
22. LEGO Architecture Willis Tower
- Includes blueprints
- Beautifully constructed
- Makes a great display piece for those who enjoy architecture
- Perfect for adults with bigger hands and kids who want to learn how to build with LEGO Technic
- Great architecture-themed build
- It looks more like the Auditorium Building
- Very expensive for a LEGO set
- Complicated build
Here are some of the frequently asked questions pertaining to the products that have been listed above. If you have a question about any of the products, you should check here first.
What are the best baby bouncers?
The Babybjorn baby bouncer is our number one pick. It’s a safe and reliable piece of furniture that is designed to allow your baby to sit upright when it’s in motion. Baby bouncers are important as they help keep your baby well-supported while also helping them learn to take the occasional step.
23. LEGO Architecture Rockefeller Center
- Compact LEGO set
- Beautiful model that’s easy to display and place on a desk
- Unusual building with lots of architectural details
- Includes a booklet describing the building’s history
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Collectible set
- Pieces are small and potentially hazardous for small children
- May be difficult to find
The LEGO Rockefeller Center Model is a mini rendition of the real New York building, which attracts many tourists as well as office workers. The model stands 6 inches in height and has roughly 500 pieces. This may seem like a high-count in count, but you have to remember that this is a miniature version of the actual building. Therefore, it replicates many of the defining characteristics of a building with its unique rooftops and famous statue of the girl holding a globe.
The building has a limited selection of colors, ranging from dull tan to bright blue, but this allows for the focus to fully be on the design of the building, instead of the colors.
The model also includes numerous tiny details that express the architectural style. This includes the use of glass in the windows, green-and-white vertical accents, and luxury decorative elements.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best Lego architecture set?
The Lego Architecture Studio set is our current favorite. I'm a big fan of more specialized Lego sets, and this is the first one that was designed to be building with instead of just to look at. As such, there is a lot of emphasis on building techniques, gray elements, form, light and shadow, minifigures, and techniques for reproducing realistic architectural features.
The Legoland sets, which are updated versions of some of the originals, are also worth considering. Many of them focus more on replicating iconic buildings and structures than the Architecture Studio set.
How many Lego Architecture sets are there?
The answer to this is that there are 25 Lego Architecture sets. This means that if you are looking for a Lego Architecture set to buy, you will be spoiled for choice. However, if you are looking for a Lego Architecture set to collect, then each one is limited in its production run. The main Lego employees choose which sets to invest in. This means that some sets are rarer than others.
It should also be noted that not all LEGO Architecture sets are for sale. For instance, the Architecture Studio box is set to be retired later in 2017. Whether it will be re-released under a new name is anyone's guess. However, they do tend to release additional sets every year. This means that there are always new sets being added to the product line.
What is the biggest Lego architecture set?
LEGO brick architect David Weston has created the biggest LEGO Architecture set at over 1.5m tall and weighing just over 100kg in total. The set is part of the Greatest LEGO Buildings on Earth Project where LEGO fans build structures as a celebration of human ingenuity.
The model consists of 250 000 bricks and was built to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
Why are Lego sets so expensive?
The Lego sets that are most desirable and expensive are typically the sets that are best for collectors. Lego Architecture does a great job of curating the sets to ensure that they’re visually pleasing and great to display on a collector’s shelf.
The Lego Architecture sets are most expensive because of the limited availability of the sets and the fact that they're aesthetically pleasing and very detailed.
Lego often makes amazing and innovative products: their commitment to creativity and building on the possibilities of building toys is unparalleled. However, none of their products have been more inspiring and defining of their brand than the Architecture sets of LEGO. Ever since 2001, Architecture sets have explored some of the most significant and intriguing structures and buildings of our time in detail never seen before on such small playthings. Whether you like sports, history, or just cool building and exploring, these sets will captivate you from the very first time you handle the pieces to the moment you assemble the final creation for display.
|LEGO Architecture Arc De Triomphe 21036 Building Kit||Best Overall|
|LEGO Architecture London Skyline Collection 21034 Building Set Model Kit and Gift||Budget Pick|
|LEGO Architecture Studio 21050 Building Blocks Set||Upgrade Pick|