Lego Architecture is an award winning series of sets filled with hundreds of colorful bricks. These mini-buildings are awesome for kids and adults alike. While they’re meant to be played with, they provide hours of enjoyment for people of all ages.
If you want to build a city skyline, a famous architecture building, or even a whole sculpture, you’re in luck! Lego has a massive library of sets that are sure to please any architecture fan. You can even build famous structures like New York’s Rockefeller Center or the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.
Whether you like modern construction or ancient buildings, these Lego sets will appeal to aging kids who still love playing with Legos and adults who are fascinated by the possibilities of architecture. The “20 Coolest Lego Architecture Sets for 2019” includes the latest and greatest City Sets, as well as, the famous and iconic Architecture Sets.
|LEGO Architecture Arc De Triomphe 21036 Building Kit||Best Overall|
|LEGO Architecture London Skyline Collection 21034 Building Set Model Kit and Gift||Budget Pick|
|LEGO Creator Expert 10253 Big Ben Building Kit||Upgrade Pick|
1. LEGO Architecture Arc De Triomphe 21036 Building Kit
- Excellent replica of the iconic architecture
- Great addition to any LEGO collection
- Sturdy and easy to build
- Looks and feels high quality
- Includes a wide variety of colors
- Provides a beautiful backdrop to your next family picture
- Great to show-off to friends
- Aesthetically limited – studs in spaces
- Stickers not included, but mandatory
Lego building kits are perfect specimens of minimalist art. They come with plenty of pieces that fit each other in innovative ways. Kids and adults alike can enjoy many hours of fun while playing with these sets. This kit contains 336 pieces along with clear step-by-step instructions for you to enjoy building an impressive replica of the iconic Arc de Triomphe.
The set consists of many colorful pieces that look and feel great. They come in a very well-organized box with individual compartments that have labels on them to guide you through the building process.
The Lego Architecture Arc de Triomphe set is a highly detailed miniature version of the original building, so construction takes a while. However, the instructions and diagrams are very clear, and it’s a good feeling to see your building come into fruition as you follow through with the building instructions.
2. LEGO Architecture 21024 Louvre Building Kit
- Easy to assemble
- Features some nice details and bright colors
- Makes for a perfect display model
- Small enough to fit in a large bookshelf display
- Includes handbook with information on Louvre Museum history
- Recreated in micro scale
- Architectural LEGO
- Box is quite large
Reviews of the LEGO Architecture Louvre Building Kit say that the model captures an accurate depiction of the iconic Parisian landmark. It has detailed features on the facade, and has a few other impressive interior details. This one is a must-have for LEGO fans, architects, and Louvre aficionados.
The model is made to a scale of 1:210 and recreates a little over 200 famous sculptures inside the famous building. And the creators managed to summarize the entire Louvre Museum experience in this kit.
It is made of 2116 LEGO bricks, which are pretty decent in quality. It also comes with an information booklet about Louvre history that you can use if you want to go more in-depth about the museum and its artifacts.
3. LEGO Architecture: Villa Savoye 21014
- Highly accurate
- Piece-by-piece construction for accuracy
- Unique piece design for the roof
- Interlocking design makes it more stable
- Includes a booklet with background details about the building
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Complicated and difficult to build
- Can be a little overpriced for some
- Base plate is not printed
- Comes with only one minifigure
This LEGO Architecture set is the first one that will become a part of your LEGO collection, if you want a start. With this set, you don’t have to worry about the building set getting unbalance because each of the pieces provide stability to the structure. You also don’t have to worry about the pieces getting stuck to each other because of the interlocking nature of its design.
This is a highly accurate reproduction of the Villa Savoye design. It is built with the same materials and design as the original as they were informed by the Savoye foundation. The building set is made out of nearly 500 individual pieces including the base plate and figure.
4. LEGO Architecture Burj Khalifa 21031 Landmark Building Set
We loved the Lego Architecture Burj Khalifa set because of the amazing building it comes with and the fact that it comes with a surprising number of pieces. However, we’d be remiss not to mention that it’s not necessarily one of the most fun sets to play with. Even with that in mind, the Lego Architecture set is still worth owning because it’s a great learning tool and a great tool for using your imagination!
The Burj Khalifa is a very impressive landmark with a unique architectural style. Very few landmarks can be actually built at home with Lego pieces, but Lego is able to give people a tiny glimpse into what that would be like with a product like this set.
5. LEGO Architecture 21030 United States Capitol Building Kit
- It comes with the requisite 221-piece Architectural Style set and seven limited-edition molding elements
- The 3-in-1 package of variants allow you to transform the structure into the U.S. Capitol Building, the World Trade Center Tower, or the Sydney Opera House
- The book AIA Guide to the Architecture of Washington, DC is sure to spark your interest in the U.S. Capitol Building
- Display the model on the included baseplate
- Lights up for maximum realism
- Difficulty level: 4-6
6. LEGO Architecture Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum 21035 Building Kit
- Very detailed
- Measures 12 inches high and 16 inches wide
- Includes over 2,000 LEGO pieces
- Very cool display piece
- Since it’s so small, it’s hard to buy additional buildings from the Architecture line that go with this one
- It’s not made to be a replica of the actual building
Lego is one of the most recognized brands in the world of toys. Their Architecture sets prove that they can design toys that appeal to adults as well as children. These sets allow for an immersive, tactile, and hands-on experience with architecture.
The Lego Architecture Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum 21035 Building Kit is a reproduction of Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic design which opened in 1959. It’s a mid-rise building that measures 12 inches high and 16 inches wide. It includes about 2,000 pieces and has 4 different display options. This set is a remarkable display piece.
If you have a child who has been showing an interest in architecture or design, this set will appeal to them even more. The model comes with a booklet that’s filled with information about the actual building and provides historical information about its architects Herbert Bayer and Mies van der Rohe.
7. LEGO Architecture Trevi Fountain 21020 Building Toy
- Great for both kids and adults
- Suitable to build over and over again
- Educational and fun to play with
- Perfect for amazing LEGO collections
- Instructions are tedious to follow
- Not very durable
This is a LEGO architecture set that builds the famous Trevi Fountain, making it a must-have for your wonderful LEGO collection. It consists of 488 pieces and is 3.9 by 7.9 by 9.8 inches in dimension.
The LEGO Architecture Trevi Fountain 21020 Building Toy Set is a 410-step building set which contains the best architecture designs. Not only is it fun but also it is educational. It is easy to follow the instructions as they remind you of how you can build it, making it perfect for kids, adults and even for beginner builders.
Also, each LEGO set is designed to perfection because the company has architects who ensure that each set is accurate and outstanding. With this set, you will be situated somewhere in Rome with the fountain. What is more, it serves as a great display piece for your collections.
8. LEGO Architecture Studio 21050 Building Blocks Set
- Mature theme(The Statue of Liberty)
- Complements other architecture sets
- High-quality design
- Expressive figures
This LEGO Architecture Studio 21050 Building Blocks set contains the molds and pieces needed to build 2 different models, the Statue of Liberty, and the Eiffel Tower. The models stretch up to 4 inches high and each of them comes with both a male and female figurehead.
The Statue of Liberty is the main model and as the iconic symbol of freedom. The figure is constructed with a predominantly red composition with some gray and white areas. The base is divided into 9 different pieces that make it easy to add to other LEGO models.
9. LEGO Architecture 21019 The Eiffel Tower
- * Easy to assemble
For the ultimate in LEGO set representation, the LEGO Architecture 21019 The Eiffel Tower is a must-have! This 500-piece set will take about three to four hours to assemble, which is a reasonable amount of time to marvel over this iconic landmark. This model is also of high quality and is built to last, so you can enjoy this piece of art for years to come.
If you've thought about creating a model of the Eiffel Tower in LEGO form, this is the set to buy. The LEGO pieces used in the model are very high quality, and are made to last for a long time. Assembly is also straightforward and accurate, so it goes together very quickly.
The LEGO Architecture 21019 (LEGO version number 3252) measures about 18 inches tall (from bottom to top point) x 21 inches wide x 9 inches deep. There are some drawbacks that we should mention. First of all, you get no space to place the completed model when it's all together. This is a problem for some because you can't display it on your shelf.
10. LEGO Architecture Venice 21026 Skyline Building Set
- Designed as a replica of the Bell Towers of Venice
- 3D model on the bottom with five sections for easy stacking
- Contains two bridges
- Includes a booklet with information about the real towers
- The working wheels are not particularly strong
- The set is too expensive compared with other LEGO sets
LEGO architecture sets are aimed to inspire those who are interested in design with models of some of the most famous structures in the world. For those of you who have seen the movie La La Land (which is all about the life of an aspiring actress in Los Angeles), you must have noticed how much Mia loves violins. So, we consider this LEGO set a perfect gift for her!
The set consists of around 1700 pieces which is why it can be a great addition to her LEGO collection. The set mainly consists of various pastel colors and bits and pieces from which you can build a beautiful 3D model of the Bell Towers of Venice. The tower is 260 mm (10 inches) high and 384 mm (15 inches) wide.
The main model of the tower is completed once you assemble the bridge. The bridge is comprised of the base, arches, and a road. Both the road and the bridge are built on the three wheels which make it easy for you to move them from one place to another.
11. LEGO Architecture 6101026 Flatiron Building 21023 Building Kit
- Iconic building
- Large number of LEGO bricks with great variety of colors
- Excellent details, carefully etched windows
- Contains real-world information
- Packaging is very durable
- Clear instructions, easy to follow
- Great building experience for all ages
- Makes a great gift
- Instructions are complicated for some users
- Some pieces were of questionable quality
- Makes a great gift; however, it’s a little pricey
The LEGO Architecture Flatiron Building Kit is a highly rated set that gets high reviews for capturing the iconic look of the building and among the LEGO Architecture fans. According to its description, this set is a faithful reproduction of the original Flatiron Building. Some of the key features include a detailed façade and interior space, large entrance and reception area, observatory, models of the people who built the building, life-size printing press, and more.
The large building has 2,996 pieces and is designed for ages 16 years and older. The Flatiron building is a product of the collaboration between the LEGO Group, Architeam, and Steve Schewe who is an author, journalist, and historian.
12. LEGO Architecture London Skyline Collection 21034 Building Set Model Kit and Gift
- Detailed architecture models
- Features three iconic London structures
- Ideal for beginner and experienced builders alike
- Pieces won’t fall off
- Build comes with a booklet containing facts about the buildings
- Helps improve your coordination and hand-eye coordination
- Includes batteries for power drill
- Takes about 12+ hours to build
This awesome LEGO Architecture set from the London Skyline Collection features detailed models of three iconic London towers: Lloyd’s Building, The Gherkin, and 30 St Mary Axe (The Gherkin). Kids and adults alike will enjoy building these structures because not only do they feature a lovely design, but they also serve as a sort of historical timeline.
The build consists of multiple steps and a motorized elevator, so younger kids should definitely hand it over to an adult. However, teens and adults can have a great time building these beautiful structures. The models are designed in such a way that they can actually be displayed as works of art.
13. LEGO Architecture Berlin 21027 Skyline Building Set
- Solid construction, easy to put together
- Really beautiful model
- Clear directions
- Easy to display
- Encourages creativity and imaginative play
- Built to last for kids and adults alike
We’re always on the lookout for new and innovative products, particularly when it comes to toys. Check out our review on the 25 best Lego Architecture sets.
This model is inspired by the architect Erich Mendelsohn's work of the 1920s/30s. It comes with plenty of straight pieces for creating the glassy building and curved elements that create the characteristic sculptural shapes of the roof.
It’s one of the smaller models in the Lego Architecture series, which is nice, as it’s easier for kids to build. It also features a historical guide so you can find out more about the Berlin skyline that was such an inspiration for architects in the 20th century.
14. LEGO Architecture Chicago 21033 Skyline Building Blocks Set
- High-quality display stand
- Very good packaging
- Easy installation
- Exceptional design
- Strong and durable
- Sturdy enough to hold heavier pieces
- Great for both kids and adults
- Made with the finest plastic
- Great for people who are obsessed with architecture
- Not too expensive; affordable for most
- Some of the pieces are pretty small
- Some of the pieces could be better
- Some pieces don’t fit well
- Some of the colors are same and could be picked better
This is the coolest LEGO set on the list because of its ability to transform your room into a piece of art quickly. It has lots of positive reviews from online buyers and falls under the list of 20 best model homes in the world. It comes in an extremely compact piece, very easy to install, and is extremely durable. It’s suitable for both kids and adults. It really depicts the Chicago skyline very well and could be also used as an exhibition piece. The model is strong and also very stable. It no doubt incorporates most of the essential features of a skyline.
15. LEGO Creator Expert 10234 Sydney Opera House
- High quality construction
- Detailed onto various aspects of the original model
- Connector pieces are compatible with other models
- Includes Minifigures of an architect and his family
- It’s a cool STEM gift for kids
One of the coolest models ever, in our opinion, is the LEGO Creator Sydney Opera House. This is one of the brightest and most stunning pieces in the entire Creator series.
This incredible showpiece is comprised of 4,295 pieces and includes multiple functionalities. The entire structure is built on a sturdy base which also houses the motor.
This motorized LEGO model completes the opening and closing features of the doors. There is also a cycling light mechanism to illuminate the glass sections on the floors.
16. LEGO Architecture White House
- Features 3,881 pieces
- Excellent for beginners
- Includes a book that contains lots of information about the US President’s home
- Good for display
- Can be used to play with and recreate historical events
- Promotes crit