Who doesn’t love to receive a nice, thoughtful, useful gift? For all of you who crave the “perfect” gift, we’ve compiled the ultimate gift ideas for every architect in your life.
From the fresh college graduate to the last surviving original member of the Rat Pack — we’ve got fantastic, useful, and stylish gifts for the architect who has everything!
|Bulova Clocks C4834 Luxfer Prism 14 Inch Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Wall Clock||Best Overall|
|The Architecture of the Shot: Crafting the Perfect Shot from the Bottom Up||Budget Pick|
|LEGO Architecture Studio 21050 Building Blocks Set||Upgrade Pick|
1. Bulova Clocks C4834 Luxfer Prism 14 Inch Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Wall Clock
- Great design
- Attractive color
- Looks great on most walls
- Accurate time keeping
- Metal frame
- Inaccurate quartz movement clock
- Glass is breakable
If you know an architect or someone who is into architecture, a watch or clock is a great gift idea for the holidays. We have searched and found a beautiful wall clock that would look great in most people’s home. This clock is inspired by Frank O. Wright and is called the Bulova Clocks C4834 Luxfer Prism 14 Inch Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Wall Clock. It is one of the best sellers on Amazon with 98% customer satisfaction.
- 14 inch size
- Dial Color: black or read
- Requires one AA battery
- Quartz Precision: Runs on one AA battery (not included)
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
2. Pentel Arts GraphGear 1000 Premium Gift Set
- Comes with a mechanical pencil
- 24-karat gold-plated point
- Includes 6 HB leads and graphite erasers
- Great for drafting and architecture
- Soft, comfortable grip
- Ergonomic design
- Great for detailed work
- Durable point will last
- Leads never need sharpening
- Also available in black and silver
- Requires frequent refilling
- Sometimes the eraser knob can have issues
3. The Unemployed Philosophers Guild Architecture Coffee Mug
- Gifts for both men and women
- We’re huge fans of the quirky design
- Made of the highest quality ceramic
- Dishwasher safe
- Includes a fun gift box that makes for an excellent paperweight afterwards
- We ensure highest quality and compliance with regulations
- No lead used in production of this product
- Intended for gifting purposes only
- Many reviewers commented on the large size of the mug, which can be impractical for some
- Some reviewers felt the mug had a thin glaze, which resulted in the mug being too hot to hold after a few sips
- Although the product was made in Germany, it comes in an American-style gift box
According to our research, the Unemployed Philosophers Guild is a company that prides itself on craftsmanship and artisan-like design. It is a family-owned company that’s run by a team of artists, designers, and philosophers. They craft their mugs in Germany and ship them out of California. Their products are designed to make you smile and whip you up into a pun frenzy. The way they use their words to tell a story – pun-ny as it may be – is what won our hearts.
4. LEGO Architecture Studio 21050 Building Blocks Set
- The large number of building blocks available gives an endless number of possibilities to build
- The blocks can be used for a wide variety of purposes
- Individual blocks can be used to create instructions for larger projects
- LEGO design and quality you would expect
- The blocks are compatible with all other major building block brands
- High-quality creative play
- Expensive price
- Needs to be shipped separately
This building blocks set is perfect for architects, designers, and hobbyists who love to tinker with architectural models. The LEGO Architecture Studio set is an excellent gift for people with creativity and imagination skills. The set includes over 1,200 LEGO building blocks in a variety of colors. These blocks are compatible with all other popular building block brands.
The set also includes an instructional booklet. This booklet includes pieces of information about the following:
- History of modern architecture
- The influence of art and technology
- How LEGO art relates to world architecture and design
- Materials used in construction
- Working with LEGO blocks
5. Calculated Industries 4065 Construction Master Pro Advanced Construction Math Feet-inch-Fraction Calculator
- Simple and convenient
- No need to refer to an instruction manual
- Doesn’t take up much space
- Large and clear display
- Perfect when it’s too big to use a smartphone
- The fraction dial might feel a little cheap
- No backlighting
Whether you’re an architect or a builder, a carpenter or a framer, you need a decent calculator on-hand to do quick math and save time. This not only helps save you time, but it also prevents you from making errors that will cost you your job.
The Calculated Industries 4065 Construction Master Pro Advanced Construction Foot-Inch-Fraction Calculator is the perfect pick with its large and clear display, and it’s far from expensive. The calculator also makes use of a fraction dial instead of a fraction knob, which makes it easier and more convenient to use. Plus, all the keys are backlit so it’s easy to use the calculator in the dark.
You simply need to press any key to automatically detect direction of calculation, eliminating the need for you to refer to an instruction manual. Even though your smartphone is portable, it’s much easier to use the calculator than to try and bring up an app while on the site.
6. Leica DISTO D2 New 330ft Laser Distance Measure
- Easy to use
- Simple, intuitive app
- Warm-up time is just 3 seconds
- Measuring error is just 1mm/10m
- Laser is invisible in direct sunlight
- Bluetooth connectivity can fade out
We love innovative and unique gifts for architects, and we think this laser distance meter receiver (In case you were wondering, laser distance meters use lasers to measure distances) from Leica is worth its weight in gold.
The Leica DISTO D2 can communicate with a mobile device or PC via Bluetooth 4.0, allowing you to measure distances more efficiently than ever before. For example, you can measure vertical distances without the need to climb ladders, and you can measure horizontal distances faster without the need to take multiple steps.
It’s also nice that you can visualize the measurements of your architectural designs in real time on your mobile device (or PC) thanks to the wireless connection. Plus, the D2 is known for its optimal distance accuracy of just 1 millimeter or 1/10th of a meter, which is very impressive.
7. Alessi CREVASSE FLOWER VASE
- Sleek and sophisticated design
- Good quality materials
- Can hold flowers from one to three large stems
- 850 ml capacity
- Made in Italy
- Waterfall flow allow for fresh flowers to last longer
- Great graduation or housewarming gift
- Comes in two colors – black and silver
- Comes in a unique box with a lid
- Dishwasher safe
The Alessi CREVASSE FLOWER VASE is a great addition to any home. The vase is designed with an ingenious ergonomic handle that allows you to easily take your vase of flowers on the go. It’s a unique vase, and it can’t be found in the same style anywhere else.
The vase is perfect for holding a bouquet of fresh flowers in the kitchen or around the house. It also looks great as part of a decorative feature or mixed with other vases around the house. It’s made out of high-quality materials, so it’s sure to last for a long time.
8. TaoTronics TT-DL16 Stylish Metal LED Desk Lamp
- Attractive design
- Vertical USB ports
- Five color modes
- Five different brightness levels
- USB ports can be used while you’re charging mobile devices
- Touch control
- Timer available
- Can use it as a desktop lamp or clamp it to a table
- Suitable for any space
- Not suitable for use in damp places
- Several parts might be thinly constructed
Among the best gifts for architects available in the market today is this stylish desk lamp from TaoTronics. It will suit any interior space and any working environment, no matter if it’s in the office or at home. The tilt function allows you to redirect the light to suit your needs which makes it a great option even if you work at home.
This accompanying USB port feature allows you to take advantage of the extra energy usage at any time. To adjust the brightness, all you have to do is adjust the touch sensor. Additionally, you can set the timer to save energy. This lamp is a versatile option for professional architects and ordinary people looking for a good desk lamp.
9. The Ridge Wallet Authentic
- Well made and good quality
- Ideal for daily use
- Reasonably priced
- The strap is perfectly positioned and comfortable
- No problems with RFID blocking
This is a super minimal, lightweight and incredibly well made cash strap wallet. It has a main pocket and an additional pocket with an elastic band to secure your loose change. You can conveniently carry 5 to 10 credit cards, up to 10 business cards, a few folded up dollar bills and even a folded up paper receipt from lunch. The wallet does not include a coin compartment.
The wallet is made out of durable aluminum that’s been anodized to give it a nice brushed metal finish and will gradually develop a richer color over time. It comes with a cash strap that’s secured with an aluminum lumen rivet. The strap is perfectly positioned and comfortable when worn inside or outside of your pockets.
10. Alvin, Black Series
- Accurate readings up to 1 inch or mm
- Made of high-quality aluminum
- Incredibly affordable for its quality
- Very lightweight, yet very durable
- Easy to read dial face
- Dials are easy to read and turn
- Work great on walls or doors
- Can easily be displayed
According to reviewers, this is an incredibly accurate scale, has a strong and durable design, and can easily be hung on your wall. It’s also a small scale, so it can easily be displayed in your office or study.
The scale is made of high-quality aluminum and is incredibly lightweight and durable. It also features easy to read dial faces with rotating stainless steel pointers for ease of use. In addition, it’s reliable and accurate, and has a large measuring range of 2kg and 100g.
This scale is perfect for the architect in your life because it can be easily hung on a wall and kept out of the way. There is a one year manufacturer’s warranty included with purchase.
11. Rotring 800 Mechanical Pencil 0.7Mm Black
- Popular brand
- Decent quality
- Minimalist design
- Can be used for writing, drawing, and sketching
- Great for beginners
0.5 mm lead can break easily
The Rotring 800 mechanical pencil comes with a 0.7mm lead, which is a good size for writing, drawing and sketching. The broad lead allows for a more dramatic line variation and softer edges while writing. It is also equipped with a sturdy built-in sharpener located on the body of the pencil. This mechanical pencil is designed with the artist in mind. It has a minimalist design and is available in six different colors.
12. Alessi Niche Table Centrepiece By Zaha Hadid
- Very beautiful
- Made from high-quality steel and glass
- Convenient storage compartment
- Easy to assemble/disassemble
- Received numerous design awards
- Great value for money for a high-end product
If you think an architect would appreciate a refined piece of steel and glass, then this tabletop centrepiece from Alessi is a perfect choice. It was designed by Zaha Hadid, one of the most awarded female architects of all time, and comes from a company that has been in operation for a long period of time.
The centerpiece consists of an oil lamp, framed by a very elegant structure of steel. The lamp is hollow so that you can fill it with oil, which gives off just enough light to make your desk or bedside table look particularly stylish.
It also has a storage drawer as well, so this isn’t just a piece of art, but a functional piece of furniture as well. If you have an architect friend who appreciates design, and is hard to buy for, then this is the ideal present.
13. 3Dconnexion 3DX-700059 Spacemouse Compact 3D Mouse
- Plug-and-play design
- Sleek, small, and lightweight
- Supports both left and right-handed users
- No software required
- Wireless with cordless desktop mode
- Unobtrusive and easy to use
- Has a small range of motion
- Smaller than the standard mouse
If you’re thinking about giving the gift of an ergonomic adjustable office chair to a friend or loved one who works as an architect, look no further than the 3Dconnexion 3DX-700059 Spacemouse Compact 3D Mouse.
This wireless mouse comes with a variety of great features that allow you to minimize wrist movement and achieve a more comfortable working position. The device can be placed on either the right or left side, and it can be used as a traditional mouse or a 3D mouse.
The 3Dconnexion 3DX-700059 is versatile, lightweight, and comes with many excellent features. It’s also equipped with a free-moving pivot wheel mechanism that allows you to control the cursor precisely as you move. You can also adjust the height to help prevent RSI-related injuries.
14. YETI Rambler 20 oz Tumbler
- Made in the USA
- Keeps coffee hot, and tea cold, all day, and then some
- Tip-proof base. A slide-action lid which locks into place
- 360-degree drinking surface
- Lifetime warranty
- Not cheap, this is not a cheap tumbler
- Not insulated enough, this is not an insulating tumbler. Either get the 40 oz version or do not get this one.
- Oils from your fingertips will discolor the clear version over time
No list of best gifts for architects would be complete without the classic YETI tumbler. Both men and women alike will appreciate this little workhorse of a cup.
We’re sure you’ve seen the video of the Yeti Rambler keeping hot coffee hot for 12 hours, or iced tea cold for 24. Of course, they don’t tell you that it’s the vacuum insulation that’s doing all the work. The vacuum insulation is simple but ingenious – the first of its kind – and keeps your drink colder much longer than any other tumbler.
15. Fascinations ICONX Notre Dame Cathedral 3D Metal Model Kit
- Excellent quality
- Easy to assemble
- Complete with the most intricate details
- Can be put on display anywhere
- Nice, vibrant colors
- Reasonably priced
- People of all ages can enjoy playing and assembling this kit
- The separate pieces can also easily be collected and stored as toys
- Parts may feel a bit flimsy
- Some customers received damaged packages
- Some of the pieces come with smudges
Go into any major toy store or browse Amazon and chances are you'll find a variety of 3-D metal model kits of buildings, sculptures, animals, or other objects that make for great designer decor or a great work of art to admire on the shelves. However, there may only be one that’s endorsed by Fox Home Entertainment and Fascinations Toys, which is this one-of-a-kind 3D metal model kit of the Notre Dame Cathedral.
Assembling this awesome model is a fun and rewarding experience, as it helps build important fine motor skills, and geometric insight for children and adults alike. What’s even more fascinating is that it offers an educational hands-on learning experience to anyone who tackles it.
16. Personalized Pen Sets
- Durable, functional, and beautiful
- Tranquil Zen-like colored tips for relaxed writing
- High-quality recycled tooled leather hard case
- Orginal drawings can be digitally uploaded onto the case
17. XP-PEN Artist12 Pro 11.6 Inch Drawing Monitor Pen Display Full-Laminated Graphics Drawing Tablet
- Pen mode that works great as drawing and writing tool
- Design that keeps the pen near the screen so you won’t have to worry so much about misplacing it
- Alternative to paper
- Great for the environment
- Draw and write anywhere
- Great GIFs and cartoons
- Screen protector still scratches easily
- No screen protection
- Few issues with the screen protector
What a fantastic way to spend a lazy afternoon indoors by using the XP-PEN Artist12 Pro drawing monitor. It’s an innovative product that allows you to have paper-free, flexible animation capabilities. Use it to create educational sketches, drawings, or to bring your creative ideas to life. With this tablet monitor you’ll never have to be concerned about drawing in small spaces nor will you have to travel with a heavy monitor. It’s perfect for animation, editing, signature, and painting projects or for use as home decor or a nightlight.
18. Rocketbook Smart Reusable Notebook
- Write and erase like any ordinary notebook.
- Reusable pages allow you to use your notebook over and over.
- When the pages run out, simply throw the entire notebook, with the digital file on it, into the fire.
- The leads in the pilot FriXion pens are erasable with every swipe, so that the notebook can still be used whether you're on a computer or not.
- The pages are 192 pages and printable with any printer.
- The company claims that the pages can be burned at temperatures up to 932 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The notebook is pocket sized and slim enough to carry in a pocket.
- The plastic cover is quite tough, and it shouldn't fall apart anytime soon, especially if you're careful.
- Some reviewers have complained about the quality of the notebook in general, but you get what you pay for.
- You have to use their medium paper (70 grams), and not something with a heavier weight.
The erasers slide off the notebooks pretty easily. You'll have to be careful about where you put the notebooks if they're going to be with the eraser side down.
19. Moleskine Art Sketchbook
- Great-quality art sketchbook
- Comes in different sizes
- Can be used by both professional and amateur artists
- Very affordable
- Excellent customer service
With its classic leather feel and sturdy binding, it’s no surprise that this Moleskine sketchbook is loved by so many creative types.
The paper contains a bit of texture to help prevent ink bleeding and is thick and smooth enough for most ink and paint applications … but it can be a bit too thick for some artists.
Bottom line: This is a Moleskine sketchbook, meaning you can expect the notebook to be a bit large, but since it’s designed for sketching, it’s going to be large enough for you to get plenty of ideas down on paper.
20. Minecraft: Java Edition
- Great for Minecrafters to learn 3D modeling
- Highly engaging
- Develops spatial imagination
- Helps boost problem solving skills, reading ability, creativity, and collaboration skills
- Excellent way to create and share projects with friends
- Encourages invention, imagination, and creativity
- Features a huge open world with a limitless variety of things to create
- Easy to keep coming back to, even after thousands of hours of playtime
- Online play isn’t suitable for kids under 10
- Players are required to read and write at a basic level to navigate the world, so this is not appropriate for younger kids who can’t read or write yet
- As of 2018, Minecraft is not officially available on Nintendo Switch, PS3, PS4, PC, Android, iOS, Amazon, or Xbox.
Minecraft is, without a doubt, the most creative and addictive game of the 21st century, which is why it shouldn’t be a surprise that it developed into one of the best Minecraft gifts for architects in 2020. Minecraft is an open world game in which you can build and destroy almost anything, while interacting with other players and creatures.
21. Black: Architecture in Monochrome
- Clear and insightful
- A definite coffee-table book
- Illustrations and architecure should be family
- Beautiful images
- Mixed-media review
- 2-page fold out in the middle of the book
- Thorough and well-referenced
- Awesome cover
- Good for design thinkers
- Monumental Art Deco black buildings
The Many Ways to See Modernism
22. FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
- Works on Mac and PC
- Big build volume
- High-quality printouts, easy to print
- Larger motor – no need for a fan
- Multiple filament spools
- Huge LCD has a scraper tool to clean the printhead
- Easy set up
- Spools are not small, so it doesn’t fit back in the box. You have to leave it out
- Manual is borderline useless
- Shaky and noisy
- Bigger than it looks, weighing in at 22 pounds
- Not enough filament to print
Free 3-D Printing Software 30-Day Trial, Lifetime Tech & Support.
We’re big on 3D printers here at TheBuyingBlogs, because there are few things more cool than a functioning desktop 3D printer. This printer from FlashForge is an excellent option for some expert-level desktop printing.
23. Skyline The New York Chess Set
- Perfect for chess lovers
- Rotating board provides an interesting twist to chess gameplay
- Magnetic pieces are very strong
- Pieces are customizable
- Durable wood and metal construction
- Allows you to display your skills for all to see
- Well-known board game brand
- Pieces need to be glued in with superglue
- Very fragile pieces
The stunning skyline chess set is an artisan handcraft using beautiful walnut wood. This is an ultra-sophisticated chess set with the Manhattan skyline in place of the normal chess figures.
These pieces are handcrafted in Brooklyn, New York, by the highly skilled craftsmen at Skyline Chess. In a nutshell, the quality of the design is as matchless as its appearance. It will certainly draw even the most skeptical eye.
Each of the handcrafted pieces is individually crafted and laser-engraved with the Manhattan Skyline in silhouette. It is a perfect gift for board game lovers. When you get two or more of these stunning pieces, they can even be a centerpiece for your coffee table.
24. Vintage Architect Patent Poster Prints
- High-quality design
- Beautiful artwork
- Four different prints to choose from
- Great sizes – well-sized for any home, office, or other space
- Includes a hanging kit
- Fun and uplifting in addition to being beautiful prints
- Great inspiration for any designer or builder
- Easy-to-assemble art for any wall
- Photos high-quality enough for any photo frame or other wall
- Excellent value for the price
We really love these beautiful, vintage-style prints. They’re a fantastic gift for any architect who loves to decorate his or her office or any other area with art. Each of the four pictures in the set has framed nicely so that you can hang them without frames and still appreciate the design of the print.
25. Frank Lloyd Wright Coonley Playhouse Doormat
- Genuine coonley playhouse doormat
- Made from durable rubber
- Highly detailed featuring various architectural elements of the famous Frank Lloyd Wright building
- Full surface of the mat
- Manufacturer offers 30 days return policy
- Non-slippery material
- Difficult to clean
This Frank Lloyd Wright Coonley Playhouse Doormat is hand-woven from natural rubber by skilled craftsmen in Nepal using a traditional Turkish weave. This is the traditional Ottoman way of weaving. This mat portrays details like the hand-welded steel work, the decorative brick pattern, and the numerous windows that the famous architect designed into the famous Coonley Playhouse.
The mat has a full surface design; it is machine washable and comes with a 30-day return policy. The whole design is in brown and beige. The material of the mat is rubber, so it is a non-slippery material.
26. FUNNY UGLY HOUSE ARCHITECT
- Fabric is soft
- Quality is great
- Neckline is fitted nicely
- Not too sheer
27. A Field Guide to American Houses
- The guide is revised and updated
- Provides key information at a glance
- Contains numerous pictures describing the various details found in American homes
- Covers nearly 2,000 buildings across the country
- Includes a special 50-state tour guide
- Some reviewers complained about typos and errors
- The guide focuses more on the architecture, which can be very overwhelming for people who aren’t particularly interested in the subject
This book by Catherine Seavitt, the architect who founded and designed the online architecture database, Architecture Week, is an excellent guide to American houses. It covers almost 2,000 buildings across the country and provides the reader with insightful information at a glance. The book is designed for the layperson and provides a thorough education on the details that distinguish American domestic architecture.
Although this book is intended for the layperson, it has been described by many reviewers as a celebration of the unique art and craft that’s involved in American domestic architecture.
The book is among the most affordable on the market, despite its jumbo size. It is an excellent compendium for architects, architects-to-be, and students of architecture. It’s ideal for those who are looking for design inspiration.
28. The Architecture Reference & Specification Book updated & revised: Everything Architects Need to Know Every Day
- Provides relevant information quickly
- Excellent for time-sensitive situations
- A must for everyone in the design industry
- Reliable resource for reference
- Consistent organizational structure
- Easy-to-understand language
- Useful for reference
- Multiple pages of tables/diagrams
- Rather expensive book
- Font is a bit small
- Lack of color photographs
- Writing style is not very engaging
The Architecture Reference & Specification is an excellent book that provides a quick and easy way to obtain information in time-sensitive situations. This book is essentially an encyclopedia of sorts for the design industry. A large number of tables in the book act as a useful reference for a wide variety of data that provides valuable information on material specifications, details, structural requirements, and other information.
Written by James McCaffery, PhD and senior lecturer on philosophy and aesthetics, this book boasts an introduction by Philip Johnson, a renowned co-founder of the Department of Architecture and Urban Design at Yale University. The book is available in both hardcover and paperback, but only the hardcover edition has color illustrations.
√ Hundreds of charts, tables, and illustrations.
29. Frank Lloyd Wright Paper Models: 14 Kirigami Buildings to Cut and Fold
- Instructions are easy to follow
- Strong, durable material
- Macro view and close-up details
- Versatile models can be used to create a wide range of projects both inside and outside the home
- High quality printing
- High quality paper
This easy-to-follow book contains 14 unique kirigami model-making projects designed by renowned American architect Frank Lloyd Wright. The paper used to print the instructions is high quality and durable, so your models won’t fall apart as you try to piece them together.
Each of the projects are fun, interesting, and easy to follow. They fit all skill levels – from the novice kirigami enthusiast to the advanced kirigami artist. The projects can be put to a number of different uses. Some of the craft projects can be used to decorate your home. The more complex models can be used to create miniature versions of larger buildings.
The book contains detailed instructions, so the chances of making mistakes are low. It also contains a number of clear and useful images that show you the different steps of assembly. With just a little bit of patience, creative skills, and imagination, you can make stunning miniature models of famous Wright buildings.
30. 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School
- Aimed mostly at architecture students
- Suitable for beginners and experienced professionals
- Good dose of history, science, technology, engineering, and math
- Offers practical tips for architecture students
- Author is an elite architect renowned for his bold designs and unique projects
- Well-presented and easily readable
- Thoroughly researched plenty of real-world examples and stories
- Great gift for architects
- Covers a lot of common ground on topics
- Descriptions on topics can be a little superficial
- A bit long for a read
By Matthew Frederick
This is a great book to check out for anyone who is interested in architecture. This book has been written by Fredrick Matthew who is an elite architect from the United States who has various awards to his credits. Matthew is also a visiting professor at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. His book 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School is sure to give you a lot of insights.
Throughout the book you will learn many valuable information great for people who are aspiring architects or who have just graduated from the architecture courses. There are many topics and lessons in the book like Environmental Design, Building Culture, Materials, Color, Urban Environments.
31. World Architecture: The Masterworks
- Beautiful photography
- Comprehensive text that covers a wide range of works
- Great value for the money
- Excellent year-long gift
- Great coffee table book
When it comes to buying a gift for an architect, consider purchasing this beautiful coffee table book from TASCHEN. Designed with large images that make us appreciate each and every building, the book includes the world’s most famous architectural designs – from Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia Church to Switzerland’s Chapel Bridge.
Written with a broad point of view that explores the entire body of architecture, this book covers over 100 different buildings from different time periods and locations. This means that the book has been designed to be a comprehensive guide to the history of building. We’re not going to lie – we love looking at buildings, and the book’s images and comprehensive writing has us completely hooked on ending after ending.
It should be noted that the book covers historical, modern, and contemporary architecture. This is perfect for anyone looking to explore the evolution of building and the various styles throughout history.
32. The Story of Buildings: From the Pyramids to the Sydney Opera House and Beyond
33. The Architecture of the Cocktail: Constructing the Perfect Cocktail from the Bottom Up
- Detailed illustrations
- Recipes with step-by-step instructions
- Exquisite presentation and aesthetics
- Well-written explanations of different historical movements
- Retail value and star rating
- Poorly written recipes
- In-depth scientific references
- Many reviewers are not professional bartenders
If you know an architect who would enjoy some good drinks now and then, the Architecture of the Cocktail: Constructing the Perfect Cocktail from the Bottom Up is a perfect gift for them. This book includes many illustrations, recipes, and step-by-step instructions that will help them make some incredible and delicious concoctions. The book covers many popular and not-so-popular cocktails in great detail with explanations of the history and science behind each drink.
Additionally, the book highlights many of the famous architects, distillers, and designers behind the development of these cocktails. It’s argued that the cocktails have been in regular use for close to a hundred and fifty years, and they have been proven to be an indispensable companion to architecture throughout history.
34. The Future of Architecture in 100 Buildings
- Presents the fresh vision of 100 new and upcoming iconic buildings
- Illustrations by award-winning artist Siral
- Durable and soft pages
- Great for car passengers
- Easy to read and carry
- Might be too thick to wear around the neck
- Some buyers have reported not getting any discount codes
- Pages have a strong smell, which will go away with time
If you’re searching for a unique gift for an architect or architecture enthusiast, you’d like to find a way to give them inspiration with something that they can relate to – that’s what the book The Future of Architecture in 100 Buildings does.
We found this book to be an excellent resource for anyone who’s fascinated with architecture. The TED Books series provides concise and compact down-to-earth volumes designed to suit your busy lifestyle and simplify the browsing experience. This book highlights the brilliant work of 100 upcoming and established architects from all over the world. It features the work of young upcoming architectural visionaries like Bjarke Ingels, to masters of Modernism like Le Corbusier, and icons of the contemporary era like Daniel Libeskind.
35. The Architecture of the Shot: Crafting the Perfect Shot from the Bottom Up
- Full-color print
- Quality build
- Simple process and shoot approach
- Step-by-step instructions
- Engaging and informative
It was surprisingly hard to find a decent book for architectural photographers, and there’s a good reason for that. This is the first in a series by photographer Steve Weinrebe. The first book in the series is called The Architecture of the Shot. While it is designed for architectural photography, the techniques and strategies can be adapted to any kind of photography you want to do.
The book features over 100 photographs of various architectural styles and genres. Each of these photographs has a perfect set up, lighting, composition, and timing. All of these aspects are explained with total clarity and detail.
Steve’s guide will assist you in creating an easy-to-follow shot plan for your next architectural shoot. The author also provides you with tips on using visual techniques to make your shots stand out. His seven-step building plan is brilliant, and it consists of the following:
36. The Architect Says: Quotes
- Good way to add a little humor to your office
- Lightweight – easy to transport on-the-go
- Wise quotes for your business and personal life
- Measures 10 X 7 inches
- Not everyone may get the puns
- Size might be too small for older people
What would your job be like without a dash of humor? Exactly! A good sense of humor is an important personality trait to have and can definitely help you in your career, just like this book would.
This funny book is a collection of all-time best quotes from other people that the author thought suited an architect. The book also features brief explanations about each quote so that they are fully understood.
37. Architectural Record Print Magazine
- Bi-monthly, 100% in-depth coverage
- Huge selection of content
- Features on structures from all over the world
- Beautiful full-color photos
This is an architectural record print magazine featuring the work of some of the most respected architects in the world. It offers in-depth coverage of everything related to architecture, from interior design to building engineering.
It includes articles on structure and materials, as well as behind the scenes details on innovative projects around the globe. Each magazine contains multiple feature stories as well as departments on technology, building techniques, constructions management, and building designs for kids … to name a few.
The construction industry has experienced a huge volume of change in recent times. This magazine encapsulates all aspects of the related technologies and helps professionals stay abreast of the latest trends in the field. The print and photo quality in every article are simply exquisite. They feature beautiful full-color renderings and detailed plans. It's a valuable source of inspiration for anyone working in the construction industry.
Income for architects fell sharply in the last years, with the median income now being lower than that of a high school graduate. The economic recession and the subsequent market recovery had an enormous impact on the industry.
Do you have gifts for architects in 2021? Are you looking for birthday gifts for your partner or friend?
Architects are said to be one of the best paid professionals. They don't necessarily need material gifts for their birthday. As an architect, they have keen interest in studying the things around them
|Bulova Clocks C4834 Luxfer Prism 14 Inch Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Wall Clock||Best Overall|
|The Architecture of the Shot: Crafting the Perfect Shot from the Bottom Up||Budget Pick|
|LEGO Architecture Studio 21050 Building Blocks Set||Upgrade Pick|