Green building is here to stay, and now it’s easier than ever to learn how to make green buildings work!
If you’re interested in becoming a LEED Qualified (2 credits) or Certified (4 credits) Professional, the American Green Building Steel Association’s Exam Prep Bundle has all the resources you need to prepare for both exams.
The bundles are designed to break down each exam topic and includes sample exam questions with answers to help you see how the test writers think. Each package includes study guides, flash cards, calculators, reference materials, a practicing exam, and a practice exam.
You create your own study schedule and focus on the exam topics you think you need to work on the most. For full preparation to take both exams, the bundles provide the tools you need to become a Green Building Professional.
Green building certifications are the first step toward selling green building solutions for your company. With these certifications, you’ll be better able to understand the field and how it works. Once you have that education, you can create your own green solution that will differentiate you from your competitors. This will help your business grow in the booming green industry.
1. LEED v4 Green Associate Study Guide: Complete Study Materials including Mock Exams and Additional Study Materials
- Free updates for 1 year
- Covers everything you need to know for the test
- Hundreds of searchable, relevant questions
- Access to mock exams
- Optional one-on-one study sessions
- 24/7 support by email
- Best-selling guide on the market
- Includes 1000 practice questions
- Study with several friends at a cheaper price
- Confusing interface
- Requires you to sign up for a membership
- No longer updated or sold as a physical copy
A comprehensive resource for anyone looking to build a career in the green building industry, the LEED v4 Green Associate Study Guide: Complete Study Materials is the first choice of thousands of building professionals. Similar to its previous version, it covers everything you need to know about earning the LEED Green Associate credential, including the LEED exam prerequisites, the LEED core concepts, and even the LEED project scorecard.
In addition to the exam guide, this product includes access to study tools to help you prepare for the test, including hundreds of practice questions, all the mandatory exam reference materials and the LEED “4: Green Building Design and Construction Exam Guide: Mock Exam 1.” If you wish, you can also request for one-on-one study sessions with an expert to help you ace the test.
2. LEED Green Associate V4 Exam Complete Study Guide
- Very detailed and informative
- Excellent resource for self-study
- Clearly written by an industry veteran
- Responsive Customer Support
- Dedicated to the exam preparation
- The high price tag is an issue to many, but the set does come with online resources included
- Buckets of information to digest – might feel too overwhelming for some
- Online resources are only accessible from the desktop (no mobile apps on the
Are you interested in obtaining your LEED Green Associate certification? If you are ready to put your learning into action and work towards your certification, the first place to start would be to ensure you have the aptitude to succeed in your exam. Mastering the contents of the relevant LEED V4 exam materials will give you a solid foundation to build on and pass your exam.
The recommended Amazon Package to prepare for the LEED Green Associate exam is LEED Green Associate V4 Exam Complete Study Guide (Second Editiion). The package comes with
3. LEED Green Associate V4 Exam Practice Tests & Summary Sheets
- Multiple test prep tool in one
- Affordable price without breaking the bank
- Printable, quick, and easy to study
- Easy to understand
- Insightful but brief
- Easily confused by the format
- Only a few practice test questions
As with every topic you are likely to encounter on the LEED exam, LEED exam prep bundles must be studied often in order to increase your likelihood of success. Some of the most popular and effective study resources include a variety of test prep tools, including book reviews, videos, flashcards, and mock tests.
While the best prep tool for you to use will depend on your individual study preferences, there are some useful tips and tricks that the professionals use when preparing. For example, many experts suggest that new test-takers should use flashcards for a week of intensive study. Then, for the next few weeks, switch to full length mock tests and continue to use them just as long as you need to make yourself feel comfortable with LEED practice tests.
4. LEED v4 Accredited Professional BD+C Exam Study Guide: Complete Study Materials including Mock Exams and Additional Study Materials
- Extensively detailed study material
- Hundreds of questions and answers
- Book covers most of the exam syllabus
- Question and answer format can be tedious
- Only a single sample exam is available
- Not the best choice for short-term study
Want to pass your LEED exam the first time around? Then rely on this study bundle to give you a quick and comprehensive overview of the exam syllabus. The book has a detailed question-answer format, with each question providing an explanation to the answer. An abnormal number of questions in this book contain similar answers, so we were a little disappointed at how it was written and how it measures up to the exam in general.
Another drawback we noted was the fact that it didn’t contain a mock exam. This meant that our chances of even finishing the test were pretty low, with no idea about what kind of questions were coming in the exam. It was a little too expensive for all the material it contained.
However, this book has an excellent scope of cover and is a book that every licensed professional needs for reference. It’s a good choice for people looking to brush up on their LEED qualifications before taking the exam.
5. LEED AP BD+C V4 Exam Complete Study Guide
- Updated in 2018 to reflect the changes in the exam
- Covers all testable material
- Great for self-preparation
- Comes with a variety of tools and resources
- Includes both an ebook and a physical copy
- Detailed and organized explanations
- Concise yet effective and well-rounded
- Quick to complete reading and understanding
- No sample exams included
- No online support included
- No updates after the exam
Continuing with our list of best exam prep bundles, we have the LEED AP BD+C V4 Exam Complete Study Guide by Kulshrestha and the EPA. This comprehensive study material contains everything you need to know to get prepared for your exam.
The book covers all the important aspects of the exam, and has a vast collection of resources – from exam questions, sample simulations, photos, and references. It also has a handy glossary, exam tips, and detailed explanations as you go through the chapters. The book is up to date and reflects the details of the 2018 version of the exam.
6. LEED Green Associate Exam Practice Questions: LEED Practice Tests & Review
- Includes 100+ practice questions
- Written by a panel of experienced exam reviewers
- Covers all LEED exam topics
- Contains detailed answer explanations
- Includes a practice exam with 3-hour time limit
- Multiple formats available
- Detailed overview of LEED topics
- Includes articles, web links, and promotional material in addition to practice questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is the LEED AP exam difficult?
Yes, it is. The test is likely to be difficult, but if you prepare the right way, you can be prepared.
We'll provide you with a self-assessment practice test and plenty of support to prepare and you'll be all set to pass the test the first time.
The LEED exam is difficult because you have to choose the answers from a list of possible answers. It doesn’t test you on your mastery of the information like other exams do. It tests how well you can interpret the information and apply it to a real life scenario.
But the questions that you'll get on the exam aren't as hard as they seem.
The exam is based on the seven categories of the LEED system. Each question is designed with a real life scenario so you'll have to choose the option that best fits in the context of the scenario.
How do I prepare for the LEED AP exam?
Upgrade your study habits. Make your studying an active activity. Note-taking is much more useful than re-reading what you already know.
Take your study further. Once you think you have mastered something, go over some extra problems till you are really sure.
Aim to know what the LEED examiners expect you to know, not what the text books say. The examiners design questions to catch those not yet ready for the exam. If you learn only what the examiners are looking for, you’re unlikely to be surprised on exam day.
Last but not least, exercise your creativity. Try to attack problems in new ways. Don’t just stick with the first answer that comes to mind. If you’re not sure how to begin, try to brainstorm a list of possible solutions and then analytically pick the best one.
How long should I study for the LEED Green Associate exam?
Some people study for a month, other people study for 3 to 4 months, and others study for over a year. It all depends on your commitment to passing the exam.
The way you will study for the exam is also up to you and your personal circumstances. If you have the time and money you can take a weeklong course to prepare. You could also work with a study partner if you have one handy. Or you could go to an open study session at your college once a week. Of course, you can always purchase self-study materials and study at your leisure. Whatever you do you should try and study for at least a few hours every day for a few weeks.
What score do you need to pass the LEED Green Associate exam?
As with the other exams, a passing score for the LEED Green Associate exam is 70%. Construction professionals who earn this certification earn it by passing both the LEED Green Associate exam and the LEED Green Associate online exam. For the LEED Green Associate exam, there are 100 questions and you must answer at least 62 of them correctly to pass.
When you take the LEED Green Associate exam, you have to answer every question. There is no penalty for guessing. However, you are allowed to leave questions blank.
The questions cover the following topics:
- LEED principles of sustainable design
- Sustainability in the design process
- Sustainable site selection and development
Are you excited to find out which waste removal option is best for you?
If so, then this article is perfect for you.
For those of you that haven’t heard about waste removal, it’s simply the process of removing the waste from your home or business.
Waste removal in major metropolitan areas can get pretty expensive, which is why I’m writing this article.
There are many reasons why you might be doing a major remodel in your home. One is, of course, due to the fact that you are renovating your house.